Cabo - Best place for Snorkeling/Swimming with kids

LA-Mom

I have figured out now what to do in Mazatlan and Puerto. Cabo is the last place to resolve.

I read many posts about Medano Beach, Santa Maria Cove and Chileno Bay. I would like to get a sense of each of these places.

Are they in fact 3 different areas? What is the easiest way to arrange to get there after we leave the ship (not going through RCCL)? Can I combine this with a glass bottom boat ride around Los Arcos or some of the other well known view locations first? Which is best for adults and kids (8 and 5) to enjoy overall, in other words something for everyone?

If we have time after that, should we go with the kids to any other spot or just walk around? My kids are good sports and know they will have to do some non kid activities.

Thanks for any help. There is so much info to read, it can be too much!:confused:

I have figured out now what to do in Mazatlan and Puerto. Cabo is the last place to resolve.

I read many posts about Medano Beach, Santa Maria Cove and Chileno Bay. I would like to get a sense of each of these places.

Are they in fact 3 different areas? What is the easiest way to arrange to get there after we leave the ship (not going through RCCL)? Can I combine this with a glass bottom boat ride around Los Arcos or some of the other well known view locations first? Which is best for adults and kids (8 and 5) to enjoy overall, in other words something for everyone?

If we have time after that, should we go with the kids to any other spot or just walk around? My kids are good sports and know they will have to do some non kid activities.

Thanks for any help. There is so much info to read, it can be too much!:confused:

you can actually take a glass bottom boat from the pier to lovers beach, which is nice for snorkeling. the water can be rough, but its a nice beach, no bathrooms, or any other services. but its very relaxing.

once you get off the tender in cabo there will be people all over asking you if want a water taxi, you can take it to there or medano beach. and then tell them when you want to be picked up.

they also now have cabo dolphins in cabo... the kids might like that.

heres a pic of lovers beach

2936528830081124344LzDYWq_ph.jpg

I would consider the Buccaneer Queen, which is a family oriented pirate ship (by day) that snorkels in Santa Maria Cove, by the same folks that do the Marigalante in Puerto Vallarta, which do a very good job.

Chileno Bay is the other snorkeling area that all the boats go to - the Cabo Rey goes there - a huge, luxury catamaran - top quality. Both of these tours will take you right past Los Arcos and give you good photo ops - particularly the Cabo Rey because it's so high - great vantage point for good views.

I would consider the Buccaneer Queen, which is a family oriented pirate ship (by day) that snorkels in Santa Maria Cove, by the same folks that do the Marigalante in Puerto Vallarta, which do a very good job.

Chileno Bay is the other snorkeling area that all the boats go to - the Cabo Rey goes there - a huge, luxury catamaran - top quality. Both of these tours will take you right past Los Arcos and give you good photo ops - particularly the Cabo Rey because it's so high - great vantage point for good views.

Do you happen to have the website URLs for the Cabo Rey and/or Chileno Bay? Much apprecited.

Do you know how to contact the Bucaneer Queen? I tried the email link from their website but couldn't get it to go through.

We're hoping to snorkel in Cabo, but our ship (Coral Princess) doesn't get to port until noon and leaves at 6:00 p.m. Most of the snorkel trips I've found on the web leave at 11:00 a.m. Does anyone know of a snorkel tour (other than that from the ship) that would accommodate our timetable? One I've found that we might be able to use is Blue Adventures. Has anyone had experience with this company?

A quick Google search will give you Cabo Rey's website.

Chileno Bay is just a place, not a tour operator, so there's not really a website for that.

Buccaneer Queen - 011 52 (624) 144-4217

As for snorkeling, most of the dive shops run an afternoon trip at about 1:30PM. You can also take a glass bottom boat to Lovers Beach for some decent snorkeling. No restrooms on the beach though, so make sure to take care of business before heading over.

Hope this helps! :)

Archived