TP - best side of ship ???

kwkirbo

We are planning to sail on the TP May 14, 2005. We can't wait...She'll be freash out of dry dock. We haven't booked yet and was looking for some assistance.

Can someone please tell me what is the best side of the ship for the Cook Island itinerary ???

Many thanks.

We were on port and the only time I wished we had starboard was the morning we cruised past Tahaa as we could not enjoy that from our own balcony. Port side had the advantage when arriving at Raiatea. Otherwise, I think it is a toss up.

We were on Pacific Princess (new) last November, Papeete to Sydney, and on that itinerary (and most that we have been on), it is a coin-toss which side might be best.

Just as they don't always dock portside, they don't always go past the best scenery on starboard side.

Ship is small enough, can go down (or up) to Prom deck or other open deck, and cross over. Elapsed time - two or three minutes.

Michael

There is no best side of the TP. Our mini-suite was on the starboard side of the ship. We did a lot of tendering and when anchored, the ship swings around quite a bit so you'll see a good part of each island. When docking, the ship may dock either port or starboard side.

You're going to love the TP. While all Princess ships are beautiful, the TP is both beautiful and elegant. The main stairwell in the atrium looks like the "Titanic". Our best cruise yet.

The best side is the one I'm in. Ha! Ha! I want to go back. We were port and except for Tahaa loved it. You could ask the captain if he could go in reverse and have the port side facing Tahaa. I guess if you got one of the rear facing balconies or a owners suite it wouldn't matter. Have fun.

I agree with Donna. We were also on the Portside and except when we were passing Tahaa I felt we were on the best side. I also liked being away from the dock in Papeete. I felt it was quieter and more private.

It was great when we were arrriving into both Huahine and Raratonga.

Jennie

I always found it easiest to remeber that left and port have four letters.

For those who have problems telling left from right, I can only refer them to the "logic" of an Army Sergeant who explained to a young recruit that telling your right hand from your left is simple...hold both hands out in front of you and the one that has the thumb on the left side is your right hand! I assume that is also why "military intelligence" is considered an oxymoron.

Archived