Mariner room questions

schnell

Question for you all.........My wife and I have booked a cruise with a small group of family members on the Mariner for june of 07. One of those family members has cruised with RC many, many times and she loves the back of the ship. We are currently booked in a E1 balcony room and I am questioning taking her advice about the back of the ship. We have always had a midship exterior room and enjoy that for the convenience of being close to everthing on the ship and the fact there is less movement in the middle. Anyone out there have any experience with both midship and back of the ship rooms that can offer some assistance in my room decision? My travel agent has advised us that we may be happier in the midship area, but I am not sure as to which persons advice to take :confused: Any help/insight would be much appreciated!

Question for you all.........My wife and I have booked a cruise with a small group of family members on the Mariner for june of 07. One of those family members has cruised with RC many, many times and she loves the back of the ship. We are currently booked in a E1 balcony room and I am questioning taking her advice about the back of the ship. We have always had a midship exterior room and enjoy that for the convenience of being close to everthing on the ship and the fact there is less movement in the middle. Anyone out there have any experience with both midship and back of the ship rooms that can offer some assistance in my room decision? My travel agent has advised us that we may be happier in the midship area, but I am not sure as to which persons advice to take :confused: Any help/insight would be much appreciated!

GO AFT!

Once you go aft, you wont go back!

Pick a room at the VERY back of the ship. 1390, 1690 are huge and are my favories. 1388, 1688 aint too shabby eiter.

ANY balcony room on the VERY back of the ship is going to offer you a bigger balcony with a spectacular view.

You'll never know unless you take the chance and try it!

GO AFT!

We are currently booked in 9690 on the very back edge of the ship.....good....bad :confused:

KEEP IT!

You'll love it!

1390 or 1690 would be better as you have no one "above" you - but the price probably increases if you go up one deck.

You did well young jedi....the force is strong with you....

Okay, another question if you don't mind. Can you see out the side of your balcony if you have a room on the back edge of the ship, as in 9690 that we booked? Also, did you notice any more movement in the back as compared to mid-ship. Not so much of a concern for me, but my wife as she is somewhat susceptible to motion sickness?

Thanks for you help ;)

Okay, another question if you don't mind. Can you see out the side of your balcony if you have a room on the back edge of the ship, as in 9690 that we booked? Also, did you notice any more movement in the back as compared to mid-ship. Not so much of a concern for me, but my wife as she is somewhat susceptible to motion sickness?

Thanks for you help ;)

Movement is really going to depend on the ocean itself. Of course, if there are rough seas, you are moke likely to feel the effects of it aft rather than center. If she get's sea sick have her bring along a remedy just in case.

In terms of seeing off the side of your balcony - search these forums and www.webshots.com for 9690 and see if anyone has posted pics or information on that cabin on the Mariner.

I know that 1390 has a triangular shaped balcony with a solid side wall - so you cannot see dreictly to one side while sitting on the balcony - however, the wall ends at the end of the balcony so, feasibly, if you are standing at the balcony railing you have a 180 view and can look off the side of the ship.

Really, these cabins are not to be missed. I urge you to go ahead and try it this once and then decide if you prefer aft or hump.

Archived