Beach Towels

ulmo

Hey everyone, hope this isn't another stupid question :rolleyes: but does Carnival provide beach towels while at the pool? And if they do, can you take the towels ashore for excursions or to the local beaches or whatever?

thanks in advance.

Your room steward should leave one towel per person in your cabin for use at the pool and on shore excursions. When you return to your cabin, just leave them and they will be replaced with clean, dry ones.

Your room steward should leave one towel per person in your cabin for use at the pool and on shore excursions. When you return to your cabin, just leave them and they will be replaced with clean, dry ones.
cool! thanks for the info hstrybuf

The beach towels are larger and nicer than the regular cabin towels. Just keep track of them, because you have to turn them back in, or there will be a charge on your room for lost towels.;)

The last time I cruised with Carnival, they just had stacks of towels by the pool. You grabbed one or two and tossed it in the bin when you were done. The towels weren't the best quality, but they weren't bad. But, now you have to keep track of your personal towel. I understand they're nicer (like the ones they've always provided for shore excursions). But, leaving it unattended by the pool while I leave for a few minutes makes me nervous. I had a Carnival towel stolen on a shore excursion once, and had to pay for it. Don't want that to happen again.

So, I'm wondering if anyone is bringing their own beach towel(s)? I really don't want to because those things take up some space in the luggage. But, I don't want to pay for another darn towel either.

Leaving them unattended was not a problem on our cruise. There were 8 of us and never did we feel the 'threat' of someone walking away with it from the pool areas. We also left them unattended most of the day at Blue Lagoon while we were snorkeling. No problems.

So, I'm wondering if anyone is bringing their own beach towel(s)? I really don't want to because those things take up some space in the luggage. But, I don't want to pay for another darn towel either.

Nina, I always take my own. I have some cheapie $4 WalMart beach towels, and they're not as thick and bulky. Takes up little room in the luggage, and I usually wrap them around wine bottles anyway. I feel better taking my own towel ashore AND on deck. Not wild about the idea of paying $22 for a lost Carnival towel, so I take no chances.;)

I loved the towels Carnival provided! I wanted to buy a couple to take home, but have a matching set, and the blue wouldn't match!:p

They were very plush, and was surprised that they were still so blue after so many washings!

I saw lots of people leaving their towels on the lounge chairs, completely unattended, and didn't see or hear of any problems.

~J

You can either use the plush ones from your cabin or check out the same type up on lido deck. If you use the ones from your cabin then you must take them back there. If you check out one from Lido deck then you must turn it back in there. I haven't seen the huge bin of cheap towels that you can just grab in a few years.

I wish I'd taken some of my own towels. On one of the first days of the cruise, we put our towels down on 2 chairs, as we took off our shorts, our beeper went off and we had to phone Camp Carnival. Found out our daughter was sick so we left immediately to pick her up. When we returned (which was less then 15 mins) to get our towels, they were gone!!! The lady beside our chairs told us that "an employee was moving things around". Don't know what that is supposed to mean. I went directly to the pursers desk and told them what happened, and they said not to worry, they'd take care of it. At the end of the cruise, out stewart asked us about the towels so we told her what had happened, she didn't say much and just moved on.

I felt like a real idiot when I heard the neighbors in the hallway tell her that their towels were also stolen. I imagine that must be an excuse that everybody uses, she must've heard them all. The only thing was, ours really were stolen! In my opinion, it isn't worth the hassle, I'll just take my own and ONLY use the carnival towels if I can keep them in my possession ALL THE TIME, no walking away and no chair saving. No NOT leave them unattended unless your okay with paying $22 a piece for them.

Archived