5 Stingray Tours in Grand Cayman

SPARKLE10

Hi:

Sorry, I posted on the other RCCL site and then I found this one. I was looking at the 5 Stingray tours listed in Grand Cayman for our upcoming Freedom cruise and I was just wondering which one was the best one?

We wanted the one where we could interact with the stingrays the longest. By reading the descriptions, a couple of them are very similar.

They are: Stingray City Swim & Snorkle

Stingray City Barrier Reef 2 Stop Snorkle

Stingray City Sandbar Swim & Snorkle

Stingray City Adventure

Stingray Ctiy & Island Tour

Thanks....Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10:)

A couple years ago, we did the Stingray and Island Tour on our own with NativeWay. It was an excellent tour. It wasnt crowded at all...in fact, after the stingray portion, the rest of the group didnt do the island tour, so it was just our group of four that did the rest of the tour. Very well worth it...especially after seeing the other boats from the ship come to stingray city packed with guests. I think the tour we did was only around $40 or $45 for each person...very well worth it. The tour went to Sting Ray City, then to another place to snorkel a bit, then we went back to land and boarded a bus where we went to the Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, Hell, and all around the island. I highly recommend them.

:D

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

I vote for Native Way. We just returned from the Sting Ray - Rum Point tour.. it was $55 pp $45 child.. it included pick up from pier, shuttle to boat, boat ride to Stingray City, snorkel equip, water, punch.. lifejacket use etc. sting ray food and informative tips from the guides.

From the Stingrays, we were able to snorkel at the Reef. Awesome day, wonderful guides.. helpful, fun, polite.. great!

We had a delicious lunch ( preordered for us from the guides waiting for us ready to go) at Rum Point.. the most beautiful place on earth in my opinion.. everything a tropical island should be complete with hammocks, shallow warm water and a wonderful lunch and bar... I looked into coming back and staying there but the resort is close to $500 a night - yikes! I'll have to stick to cruisin!

Anyway, the tour was fabulous.. memorable and worth every penny.. I hope you get Chris and Soloman. they were awesome..

Archived