Has anyone parked at Canada Place, Vancouver?

ghisl

We plan to drive to Vancouver but I'm a little confused about the parking here. The website says to reserve a spot but when I called the toll free number, they told me that they have 'plenty of parking and reservations aren't necessary'. Can someone clarify this for me? Also, was the location quite easy to find? Am a little nervous about driving through downtown Vancouver and finding this place.

The cruise terminal is located in the same building as the Pan Pacific Hotel and the Vancouver Convention Centre. I found this website, which may help you:

http://www.vanconex.com/resources/index.html

Honestly, Vancouver isn't the easiest of cities to navigate; however, if you click on "Getting Here" and then "Getting Around Town" at the above site, you will see a small map that shows all the one-way streets. Those are a bit of a pain for those not familiar with the city.

I hope at least some of this info. is helpful to you!!!

I used "Mapquest" and got specific driving directions to Citypark at Canada Place. Directions are easy to follow and takes the guessing out of which lane to be in for your next turn. I also made our reservation on line, then you don't worry about the availability. The traffic is a bit intimidating because the driving lanes are narrow for so much heavy traffic when driving into downtown Vancouver. We are from a small town, so arriving mid morning seemed like rush hour traffic to us!! Hope this helps.

For peace of mind you may want to fill out their on-line form.

The parking garage is easy to find and very user-friendly. There's a sign directing you to cruise ship parking. You go down a ramp and will come to the luggage unloading area, where workers will take your baggage. Then you proceed to to the parking area. After you find a spot you walk over to the exit and pay the parking person there. Grab a trolley for your carry-ons, take the elevator up to the departure area and check in. The whole thing is well thought out and very convenient.

On the drive in, I'm assuming you're coming north from the US, to get to Canada Place, simply follow the signs.

We plan to drive to Vancouver but I'm a little confused about the parking here. The website says to reserve a spot but when I called the toll free number, they told me that they have 'plenty of parking and reservations aren't necessary'. Can someone clarify this for me? Also, was the location quite easy to find? Am a little nervous about driving through downtown Vancouver and finding this place.

I don't think you'll have aproblem with parking. Let me know where you're coming from and I'll give you directions.

Neil

Thanks Neil. I'll be driving from Vernon that day hoping to leave by 6 AM and arrive Vancouver around noon. I'll be the navigator and hubby is driving so I appreciate any help you can give me. It will be a Wednesday.

Thanks Neil. I'll be driving from Vernon that day hoping to leave by 6 AM and arrive Vancouver around noon. I'll be the navigator and hubby is driving so I appreciate any help you can give me. It will be a Wednesday.

To get to Canada Place take Hwy 1 to the Hastings Street exit. Turn left onto Hastings Street and follow it for about 4 miles. Turn right onto Seymour Street for one block, left onto Cordova Street for one block, right onto Howe Street and you will see Canada Place and the entrance to the parking deck one block ahead at the end of Howe Street.

Happy cruising!

Archived