rolling cooler?

txcruisecat

Thanks for the quick replies. I may have to take a small cooler with me on my next Carnival cruise. My husband and I just sign up for the Elation in January. I do like bottled water and my husband may try to take a 6 pk of beer.:D

We've taken rolling coolers on most of our cruises - including RCI and will be doing it next month again on the Mariner. We check it, we don't roll it on the ship. A small cooler would be nice to use in the cabin, maybe we'll take one of those, too.

Ms B

My DH was saying tonight that after this latest terrorist attemp and the airports going thru all the luggage and looking for liquids, we might for the first time have a problem. I load up with plastic nips. So far I have forty and I'll bring the mix in a rolling cooler along with my water. I also may bring some wine right thru the line. Hell it's vacation, and no one is driving. It's our time to relax and just enjoy life. Life is so hard these days. Think of our men fighting overseas, how much they would love to cruise with us, or just have a shower and a good meal. We have so much to be thankful for. Nancy

This whole thing of bringing a rolling cooler with soda and beer seems rather ridiculous to me. I assume the whole purpose is to save money. Why doesn't the same philosophy apply here as many people say about tipping stewards and others...If you can't afford these things onboard, wait and cruise when you can.

This whole thing of bringing a rolling cooler with soda and beer seems rather ridiculous to me. I assume the whole purpose is to save money. Why doesn't the same philosophy apply here as many people say about tipping stewards and others...If you can't afford these things onboard, wait and cruise when you can.

Taking my cooler has nothing to do with trying to save money, it has to do with Diet 7-UP not being available on the ship! :(

There are going to be lots of beverages that folks drink at home that are not onboard. I LOVE Dr. Pepper, but that's not sold either, but I don't find it acceptable to roll coolers of it aboard. I just don't think it's right, but of course that's just my view.

I'm doing it because I like pepsi and from what I understand there is only coke on board!

Debbie

There are going to be lots of beverages that folks drink at home that are not onboard. I LOVE Dr. Pepper, but that's not sold either, but I don't find it acceptable to roll coolers of it aboard. I just don't think it's right, but of course that's just my view.

I think you can bring whatever trips your trigger. I too like DP but I choose to drink beer instead and don't want the hassle of dragging a case of DP on board. I will bring a collapsable (sp) cooler on board to keep extra ice in for cold water bottles, gatoraid and kool aid, yeah I like Cherry Kool aid. I know I like stuff they don't have, and sometimes I bring it on board, but usually I don't but, I sure won't throw stones at those that do, or those that are critical off those that smuggle, I figure its vacation so just enjoy, and I've broken a rule or two myself, but enjoyed my vaca time for all its worth. To Pickle just have a great time and I respect your opinion, and to all of you a good night. :)

I am sure you mean well, I'll take your advice under consideration. <Insert vague smile here>

Ms B

Archived