Bikes - Eastern Med cruise

scdreamer

We are taking our first Oceania cruise next year - Athens to Venice - the ports include Kusadasi, Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Sarande, Kotor, and Dubrovnik.

My husband asked me today if there was any possibility of renting bicycles at any of the ports. Has anyone done this? Or is it even feasible?

We will be traveling in mid-October, so the weather should be cool enough to enjoy biking, but we have no idea as to the availability or whether bikes would be a good idea.

The first time I saw Regatta, we were in Malta, and a young man was walking his bike down the gangplank, and off the ship to tour the countryside by bicycle. Maybe there is a possibility that you could bring your own bicycle on board the ship. I imagine the airlines would handle it just as they do wheel chairs or skies.

The first time I saw Regatta, we were in Malta, and a young man was walking his bike down the gangplank, and off the ship to tour the countryside by bicycle. Maybe there is a possibility that you could bring your own bicycle on board the ship. I imagine the airlines would handle it just as they do wheel chairs or skies.

Hadn't considered that as a possibility, but since we plan to travel in Europe for a week or so by train after the cruise is over, I am not sure we could deal with the extra baggage that a bicycle would mean. Anyway, after the latest security measures, I think we will try to be as uncomplicated luggage-wise as possible.

Just wondered if there are bike rental kiosks anywhere near the ports, but perhaps it's not in the cards. Good thing we're also walking enthusiasts!

Archived