Snorkeling Curacoa or Aruba ?

gizmo

Definitely Curacao. spent 6 days snorkeling there in dec 05. best sites are in the south end (although most reviews say to go to the north end) we liked the reef at jan theil beach resort and the tugboat site (can be accessed by land - you do not need to take a tour for this.)

In my opinion, Aruba is not the best shore snorkeling location.

We did Jolly Pirates through HAL in Aruba with other CCer's. Had a blast! I had never snorkeled over a shipwreck before. The fed us a nice lunch. We went to three snorkel sites. They have a swing that you can swing out like a pirate over the side of the boat and splash into the water. When the tour was over, we got off their Pirate Boat, but remained at the beach for the rest of the day rather than take their transportation back to the ship, and took the Arubus back to the ship. We are going to Aruba again in February. I think we are going to repeat the trip, but head to Eagle beach for the rest of the day. It was less crowded.

We rented a car in Curacao and drove all over. VERY easy. After seeing the sights, we headed to Little Knip Beach. Great beach. There was plenty of snorkeling right off the beach. Very very clear water, white powdery sands. Between the surf and the cliffs on each side we had hours of snorkeling entertainment.

I'd do both again in a heartbeat.

AC

Archived