Glass blowing Studio? Georgetown?

katie286

Does anyone know of a place called Island Glass Blowing Studio? Its on North Church Street in Georgetown. If you know of it, how far from the pier is it? Can we walk there? My mom found it in a carribean magazine and is very interested in seeing it. Thanks for your help.:)

Does anyone know of a place called Island Glass Blowing Studio? Its on North Church Street in Georgetown. If you know of it, how far from the pier is it? Can we walk there? My mom found it in a carribean magazine and is very interested in seeing it. Thanks for your help.:)

I saw a glass blowing studio on the way back from the turtle farm. I really wanted to go, but time was short and it was too far to walk. I don't know if that's the studio you're referring to, but if it is, you'll want to take a cab. It was at least a mile or so away from Captain Marvin's (which is a couple of blocks from the pier).

Hope that helps!

Jayne

:)

This quote is from travellady.com.

HOTTEST PLACE TO BUY A GIFT

The Glassblowing Studio on the waterfront is almost like a small museum. Inspired by the vibrant colors of Cayman's diverse flora and its exotic marine life, the craftsmen are able to reflect the splendor of the island in their design. Their use of freehand techniques to gather, color and shape the glass means that no two items are exactly alike. Glassblowing demonstrations are held weekdays

Katie- Here is the directions and her reply that I just received. Have a great trip!

Hi there

You need to turn left when you come out from the pier. Walk about ten minutes and we are on the waterfront side of the road. We are right before you get to Burger King.

No we have no special pieces for 15 year anniversary, but we are sure you will find something very special in our store. Also we can engrave the date of your anniversary on any piece. We have a large selection to choose from.

Hope to see you on the 27th September. Introduce yourself to me when you come to the store.

Hope this info helps thanks

Carol

Just got back...unfortunately we missed gettingthere because our ship arrived in port late. We saw it on our way to Sea Grape beach and on our way back. It was definitely not a short walk from the tenders to the store. It was so hot and there was no way that my 68 year old Mom could have walked it. Maybe next time we'll get there if we ever go back to Grand Cayman.

Archived