Game on ABC

slobopolis

What networks are available on Celebrity? There is a college football game we really want to see (OSU v Texas) while we're on an upcoming Mediterranean cruise on Galaxy. It's nationally televised, on ABC. Will the ship pull in this station anywhere on board, or will it be simulcast on some other station?

Sorry---no US television networks. We did see some sports on I believe ESPN but depending upon the saterlites it's hit or miss.

Also you'll get international coverage of CNN et al not the US feed.

Once you leave port you have ESPN International/Latin America, and your basic news networks like CNN. They also have TNT, but again it's not the TNT we're used to at home, but a satellite version. No network TV on cruise ships.

Sorry---no US television networks. We did see some sports on I believe ESPN but depending upon the saterlites it's hit or miss.

Also you'll get international coverage of CNN et al not the US feed.

We were on the Zenith last week for its run to Bermuda and I was pleasantly surprised that we had the US feed of CNN for the entire week.

I wasn't surprised the US feed of CNN was running before we left port, but expected them to switch to the international feed as soon as we set sail (as we had seen on previous cruises).

One thing about the TV reception that didn't make any sense: They warned us there would be no satellite reception in St. George. The satellite reception had been fine in Hamilton. Turned out CNN was watch-able in St. George, but it was snowy and occasionally dropped out for a few seconds. It didn't make any sense...wonder what it was about the position of the ship in St. George that made satellite reception dicey?

It will only be on ESPN International if it's the main game on the US version of ESPN. ESPN doesn't normally show the game if it's the game of the week on ABC, regardless if it's their sister network. You will see lots of South American/Mexico soccer when you're on board.

Archived