White Water Rafting on Six Mile Creek

pookeycat

We at currently in AK (Wasilla) and are driving down to Achorage this mornign to board the train heading for our ship, but I just had to post something about our adventures yesterday.

The friends that we are staying with arranged for a white water rafting trip down Six Mile Creek for us yesterday and it was AWESOME! Granted we had a 2 hour drive from Wasilla to get there but the drive down the Seward Highway was awesome too!

DH was a little worried aobut the rafting trip as he is not one for fast moving and quick drops. This trip was super! Before we even got into the rafts, we had to take a short swim to acclimate us with the water and current - this swim was definelty incentive to NOT fall out of the raft! The water was 40 degrees, but with the dry suits that we outfitted us with kept us nice and dry, and the layers of clothes underneath kept us warm. Only thing that was cold was my hands, since I didn't have any gloves that would have been practical to wear on the river!

We only did the first 2 canyons, but the rest of the group that was with us went on to do the 3rd. The crew from NOVA (http://www.novalaska.com/) was super!! The scenry along the river was amazing!

Archived