Packing for Cruise

bygoner

Just 70 days to my cruise on "Explorer of the Seas". Already starting to put articles of clothing I am gonna take on the guest room bed. Trotting out my dark suit for formal nights etc. Don,t want to rush life but sure want to board ship toute suite. Anchors away shipmates.;)

LOL..you are excited!!! I've got a 'mental list' going, but nothing else so far, and I'm 36 days (I think!) out. Dh laughs at me when I start packing 2 weeks before! I'm still cautiously excited, the last cruise we had planned was eaten by a hurricane, so I don't want to plan too much yet.

I do the same thing. When I get closer to the cruise, as it gets washed, it is put in the guest bedroom and I dare :cool: anyone to get it out. I too, plan way ahead - hey, that's what makes it so much fun.

We go in 90 days so I haven't started that yet, but I do have my lists started. My DH says that I have lists for my lists :D .

I leave on the AOS 4/29/07. I have already bought a new beach bag and two new beach towels. They are packed in my biggest suitecase. The other day while I was at the store, I noticed that my favorite laundry detergent comes in small travel size. I bought one so I can wash out my bathing suites. After a couple of days our swim suites begin to have a funny ocean smell. with the end of the summer season approaching I was able to purchase two new pairs of flip flops for almost nothing. Those items are also packed with the beach towels and beach bag. I have 8 more months to go and can't wait that long.:D :D

I have 10 days until both kids leave for college. On the 11th and 12th day I will be cleaning both their rooms to within an inch of their lives. Then on the 13th they will be turned into packing staging areas, one for DH and one for me.

I have 10 days until both kids leave for college. On the 11th and 12th day I will be cleaning both their rooms to within an inch of their lives. Then on the 13th they will be turned into packing staging areas, one for DH and one for me.

This is too funny! I can see it now "love you, have a safe trip" and then you run off to their rooms!

Glad I'm not the only one that began packing. We leave for our cruise 8-26-06 and I was surely tired of stumbling over the luggage in my closet, never thought to use the guest bedroom. Thanks for that clue, can't wait to get home and really dig in. :p

I am on the same cruise with DaycareProvider...I am already getting things for the cruise. Been spending lots of money on ebay for "necessary" items. you know, like dresses, purses, jewelry, camera, etc... This is strange for me because I am usually the one who wakes up the day we are to leave and start packing then. LOL. But, this is my first cruise so I want to be ready ahead of time. don't want to forget anything. I love this site because I have learned so much about what to bring. things I didn't even think about.

Dawn

The 'trick' I use so I do not check baggage with the airline is to put toiletries and other small items in the case with my portable PC (including some nice CD's to play in the cabin at bedtime). Then, In my one carry-on bag (the largest that is legal) I put my tux & shirt, 2 pair pants & 4 sport shirts, 2nd pair shoes and the other items like underwear that I'll need for the cruise. I wear a sport coat with dress shirt & tie with contrasting pants and appropriate shoes - so I don't need to have those items in the bag. It works out just fine on a 7 day cruise. For the 13 night cruise next November, I think I'll want another jacket or suit plus several shirts & ties - but I'll use the mix & match approach so I have something different each evening for dinner. Here is a good link for a gentlemans cruise wardrobe:

http://www.theworkingvacation.com/text/wardrobe.html or just click on:

http://www.theworkingvacation.com/text/wardrobe.html

I was on the Carnival Conquest when Katrina hit. We had a city wide tour exactly 7 days before she made land fall. The scary part was we started in New Orleans and ended up in Galveston. That was pretty scary since it was our first cruise. we didn't know what to expect.

Daycare provider

Archived