Spa "Model" on Embarkation Day?

evert9

I've heard rumors that if you get on the ship early enough and head to the spa, you can volunteer to have services performed on you while guests are touring. Is this true? Are they free or deeply discounted services? How early do you want to be up there if this is true?

I've never heard of them using passengers as models, but I know off-duty crew members are occasionally asked to do it. Sometimes in the "Welcome Aboard" Princess Patter (found in your cabin) they will advertise a FREE 5 minute neck massage or something similar. I was the first one there once, and the gal actually gave me about a 15 minute massage. By the time she was through the line was out the door! :D

Long ago when Princess was P&O my sister and I were among 5 women who were "models" for the salon services. No massages but facials, eyebrow waxing, hair and makeup were dispayed. They were "mini" versions but the services were "free" in exchange for being a guinea pig! It was actually quite well attended as they gave out free services as prizes as well as discount certificates for attending.

I don't know if she was a passenger or crew member but they were doing a massage outside the spa right by the elevators. The woman only had a sheet over her and at first, I thought she was a corpse!!! I found it VERY weird. It didn't seem to be creating any interest in a massage--just stares.

Several years (and cruises) ago, I was the only passenger who showed up for a "reflexology foot massage" demonstration. I enjoyed the lovely 20-minute service that was entirely free - but I almost felt obligated to purchase one of the products she used, so it ended up costing me $35! :D

Chris

Several years (and cruises) ago, I was the only passenger who showed up for a "reflexology foot massage" demonstration. I enjoyed the lovely 20-minute service that was entirely free - but I almost felt obligated to purchase one of the products she used, so it ended up costing me $35! :D

Chris

yes... well.. the normal cost of the procedure would've been what at least twice that right? so... really it was still good!

On our back to back cruise last December we were enjoying the spa pool on the Golden when one of the massage therapists asked my partner if he would be willing to serve as a model for the hot stone massage demonstrations. He jumped at the chance and got a good 2 1/2 hour massage for free. :D

This was early in the afternoon, so I suppose if you were on early enough you could go up and ask.

Cheers,

Peter

I was on one of the first Spa tours after boarding the Crown Princess...and someone asked if they were using passengers or crew for the demonstrations. The host shared that if you are one of the first passengers up there on embarkation day...you can volunteer to be the model for the treatments. I'll have to try that on my next cruise...would be great to get a free stones massage!

I was on one of the first Spa tours after boarding the Crown Princess...and someone asked if they were using passengers or crew for the demonstrations. The host shared that if you are one of the first passengers up there on embarkation day...you can volunteer to be the model for the treatments. I'll have to try that on my next cruise...would be great to get a free stones massage!

Horray!! I'll head right to the spa!

Archived