Pros and Cons of Morning verses Afternoon Stringray Excursion

carla64

I'd probably do the morning one if possible, but our first time there, we did one that was from 11:15-1:15. There were only two ships in port, but it was still crowded. But if you don't have a choice, I'd just do the time that works. We wanted to do the early one, but we wouldn't have been off the ship in time for it.

I personally think it would be worth it even if it is packed. It's just such an amazing thing. The last time we were there, we were the only boat there, and it was fun! However, we ejoyed the first trip as much as the second trip.

If your ship doesn't arrive until 11:00, that's really not a bad deal. Most of the ships get in early and then the passengers have to be back early-afternoon for tendering. We were there for a week (this past January), and we had dinner several evenings at Breezes where we watched the ships loading up to leave. If I were to visit Grand Cayman I would prefer to be on a ship that arrives around 11 and doesn't leave until later in the evening. Most of the crowds are gone by then, so maybe the stingray area won't be as crowded.

Have a great time! :)

Archived