Norway - Latest News

marktac

For someone that has been closely watching the NORWAY and all the developments since the explosion, you would think Karen, that you would know that the NTSB issued its report quite some time ago.

But I guess rumors and half-truths are a better business. Sad.

Now... is there any NEWS?? About the NORWAY?? Real news?

~Intrepid

For someone that has been closely watching the NORWAY and all the developments since the explosion, you would think Karen, that you would know that the NTSB issued its report quite some time ago.

But I guess rumors and half-truths are a better business. Sad.

Now... is there any NEWS?? About the NORWAY?? Real news?

~Intrepid

The NTSB issued its report? Not that I know of. I don't believe they have issued a final report or a probable cause, although they did issue some factual reports. If you have a link I would love to see it.

Thanks

This is the last report on the NTSB site

http://www.ntsb.gov/pressrel/2003/030609a.htm

I freely admit that this is the first time I've ever seen a situation like the Norway's. I'm not an engineer, a lawyer, or in possession of the vast amount of technical knowledge that my fellow posters seem to have at their fingertips. I'm undoubtedly naive about what goes on in the back rooms of cruise lines. All these decisions must be made by seasoned experts of unsurpassed intelligence only after exhaustive research and deliberation, not by shoreside suits who will do anything to protect the bottom line. Who am I to question? :confused:

However, when it comes to Dallas, I'm sure no matter what the evidence or the video reveals, I'm sure some of you could make a good argument that it was a suicide. ;)

And if anyone does have a link to the NTSB's final report on the cause of the explosion, I would appreciate receiving it. I haven't found it.

Karen

Mbee,

Thanks for the post and sharing the newspaper article...it was very interesting and I hope the beginning of other news agencies picking up on the story.

Thanks again for sharing

Mark:cool:

A very inflammatory article. I hope that this person can backup his story.

Gotta look at this "authors" history in these type of items: "Jim Puckett is coordinator of the Seattle-based toxic trade watchdog group Basel Action Network"-(imo-hardly a source of unbiased information). That bit of info was conveniently omitted from the cut and paste, even though available in the article.

-Monte

Gotta look at this "authors" history in these type of items: Jim Puckett is coordinator of the Seattle-based toxic trade watchdog group Basel Action Network-hardly a source of unbiased information.

-Monte

AH......Ha........thanks for that info;) He failed to mention that ALL cruise lines were cited for illegal dumping at one time.

Gotta look at this "authors" history in these type of items: "Jim Puckett is coordinator of the Seattle-based toxic trade watchdog group Basel Action Network"-(imo-hardly a source of unbiased information). That bit of info was conveniently omitted from the cut and paste, even though available in the article. -Monte

If you look at the news article closely, it was published on the Op-Ed page.

Meaning editorial, or newpaper lingo for brainwashing! We might or might not agree with the editorial's opinions, but by no means take his opinions as fact. I would welcome an investigative reporter doing some leg work and find out who is telling the truth.

Well I was looking through my pictures of my Voyager cruise from May 2003, and found this picture of the Norway. It's not that great as I was taking it from the back of a moving ship but it was taken on 5/23/06 at 6:05am Eastern time and I thought some of you might be interested.

1853466035_LastPictureofSSNorway.jpg.96c589e64cf79b5b720e7feaad4fa8a3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this was posted on the MSN homepage today, I thought it might be of some interest here.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14700862/

Its a story about the asbestos problem in Alang, and although it doesn't mention the Norway (France, Bluelady) specifically, it still shows that someone out there is investigating the place.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across some new photos from the Norway in Alang posted on website

http://www.ss-norway.com/

Apparently there is a Norwegian guy who has the rights to ultimately auction off the stuff from the Norway and therefore received approval to go onboard in Alang and take photos. For you Norway fans the photo inside and outside the ship are worth viewing and are both surprising and depressing. I thought the ship was basically packed up as it was from its last cruise and would be ready to be unpacked and cruise again someday. Well was I dead wrong! The ship looks like tornados blew through the inside of the ship leaving everything a mess...almost like the ship had been ransacked by looters...not what I expected at all! And the photos from the inner working areas of the ship like the engine room are pathetic...looks like those areas of the ship could never be used again...not sure if this is from the explosion, years of neglect or the temporary non-NCL crew that has been maintaining her for the past months?

Anyway, take a look at the photos...you will be surprised!

I came across some new photos from the Norway in Alang posted on website

http://www.ss-norway.com/

Apparently there is a Norwegian guy who has the rights to ultimately auction off the stuff from the Norway and therefore received approval to go onboard in Alang and take photos. For you Norway fans the photo inside and outside the ship are worth viewing and are both surprising and depressing. I thought the ship was basically packed up as it was from its last cruise and would be ready to be unpacked and cruise again someday. Well was I dead wrong! The ship looks like tornados blew through the inside of the ship leaving everything a mess...almost like the ship had been ransacked by looters...not what I expected at all! And the photos from the inner working areas of the ship like the engine room are pathetic...looks like those areas of the ship could never be used again...not sure if this is from the explosion, years of neglect or the temporary non-NCL crew that has been maintaining her for the past months?

Anyway, take a look at the photos...you will be surprised!

Posted the link yesterday just one post away ;) :)

Absolutely correct...shocking...like there had been riots or looting onboard the Norway! It is definitely not what I expected since the ship was in active service and had just returned from a cruise when the boiler explosion took place...I really thought everything onboard would have been stored away or stowed away for future use by NCL or by a new owner...I just cannot understand who created the mess that we see in the photos...my guess is that it had to be the current salvage owners and crew...I can't believe that NCL would have handed the ship over in that condition!:confused:

I was quite surprised by the interior photos as well... I could barely recognize some of the rooms. The Windward Dining Room especially... sad, very sad. There are some horrible exterior shots as well showing how badly she is now rusting since she is not being cared for. It truly brought a tear to my eye.

~Intrepid :(

Archived