How do I prepay the S&S

vesw01

Just curious why people are so rude!!! For your information, I did call Carnival and the rep suggested to bring a credit card along - like I hadn't thought of that. I want to prepay with cash so we DON"T charge to our credit card. I know you can buy gift certificated before hand and there is a way to have them applied to your S&S account.

Just curious why people are so rude!!! For your information, I did call Carnival and the rep suggested to bring a credit card along - like I hadn't thought of that. I want to prepay with cash so we DON"T charge to our credit card. I know you can buy gift certificated before hand and there is a way to have them applied to your S&S account.

Not rude, just sensible. This was not a question seeking an opinion, but a fact. The obvious thing would have been to contact Carnival to get the fact, and not waste time getting potential inaccurate info on some message board.

jabberjaw070596 is right. That should get it done.

If you run into too much trouble, pre-buy funship dollars or get travellers checks when you have the cash and store them. Then turn them in at the Purser's desk when you get on board and have them applied. Carnival is usually eager to take your money, though, I mean it is the business they are in, so it seems you'd have gotten better advice from the rep you spoke to. Sadly, it sometimes takes more than 1 call and more than 1 rep to get done what you want to do.

Good luck! And have a great cruise!!

bill

Um, maybe call Carnival and ask?

A lot of people including myself, like to ask questions on these threads because we don't want to talk to the people at Carnival. It is a lot more fun to ask questions here and get answers from experienced cruisers instead of getting the per policy answer from carnival. Sorry that we intruded on your obvious bad day.

I Did This A Week Ago For My Sept 9th Cruise. When I Called I Stated That I Do Not Want To Buy Fun Ship Dollars Due To The Fact I Would Probably Loose Them Between Now And Then. I Told Them I Wanted To Put Money On My Sail And Sign Account. They Said No Problem. I Do This Ever Few Weeks B4 A Cruise So I Wont Have To Wait In Line Once A Board The Ship To Put Money On S&s Account. I Do Know That You Have To Call A Certain Phone Number And I Dont Know What That Is, But The Main Number Will Give It To You. Hope That Helps

No, that is not the point. These boards are great for opinions. But, if you need real facts, like the question asked, it would obviously be best to get the info direct from the company.

And that is exactly why they posted!!!! It is not always the best to call Carnival.......I got Funship dollars for a gift, Carnival told me to use them that I had to send them to Carnival in the mail prior to my cruise. I was nervous about sending them in the mail because they could have gotten lost. If I wouldn't have posted and got other opinions, I would have never known that you could just go to the pursers desk when you got onto the ship. This is what the boards are for. Remember most people like to have a lot of information before they do something........Yes, obviously Carnival would know what to do, but extra information always helps

Some of us, do not have all day to keep calling Carnival to get an answer that we will accept - at what point would you just say that you must not be able to do whatever you are requesting? I knew that I read how to do it before and wanted to go straight to the source. I have read that people had had issues with doing this and not everyone knows at Carnival how to do things. I was also going to pre-order booze and when I called Carnivals Bon Voyage club they told me it wasn't possible. Since i knew that that was not the case, I pushed on until I got what I was looking for. Just trying to skip all the wasted time and find out the correct information ahead of time.

As for me, I don't care about how someone liked a ship, because that is all subjective. I am more curious to find out facts - how much things cost, how to book a spa treatment - stuff I would like to know prior to the cruise so my cruise experience is what I would like it to be.

I

Some of us, do not have all day to keep calling Carnival to get an answer that we will accept - at what point would you just say that you must not be able to do whatever you are requesting? I knew that I read how to do it before and wanted to go straight to the source. I have read that people had had issues with doing this and not everyone knows at Carnival how to do things. I was also going to pre-order booze and when I called Carnivals Bon Voyage club they told me it wasn't possible. Since i knew that that was not the case, I pushed on until I got what I was looking for. Just trying to skip all the wasted time and find out the correct information ahead of time.

As for me, I don't care about how someone liked a ship, because that is all subjective. I am more curious to find out facts - how much things cost, how to book a spa treatment - stuff I would like to know prior to the cruise so my cruise experience is what I would like it to be.

I

I am glad that you have some of your questions answered!! Have a great time on the Valor!!!!! :cool:

My cruise with Carnival is not until next October-2007. I have not made my final payment but I have bought 250.00 in funship dollars already. I will keep buying them to. I look at it this way-if I get enough money in funship dollars all of my cruise will be paid for even the extras.....

The tip I learned from here:

I buy Fun Ship dollars online. When you get to the section where you're supposed to put in your mailing address, put in your booking number instead of your street address. You'll get an e-mail confirmation that the purchase was applied directly to your S&S account.

Not sure if this helps but my PVP told me if I wanted to pre-pay my tips, I should call him back and he would connect me to another employee that could arrange it.

If pre-paying is something you want to do, I would call and talk to another rep. It sounds like your rep didn't know and just gave you the first answer he could think of.

So, you are new to these boards and have all of 46 posts and you come on here and are rude to people.

You obviously dont "get" Cruise Critic.

And, yes you are RUDE.

Not rude, just sensible. This was not a question seeking an opinion, but a fact. The obvious thing would have been to contact Carnival to get the fact, and not waste time getting potential inaccurate info on some message board.

Not sure if this helps but my PVP told me if I wanted to pre-pay my tips, I should call him back and he would connect me to another employee that could arrange it.

If pre-paying is something you want to do, I would call and talk to another rep. It sounds like your rep didn't know and just gave you the first answer he could think of.

Hi Eliza. I think they're talking about different things here.

1) You CAN pre-pay your tips when booking the cruise. That way, they of course won't be on your Sail & Sign account.

2) You can also buy the Funship Dollars.

3) You can also call Carnival at any time prior to the cruise and put money (via credit/debit card) onto your account. Some folks do that so they don't have such a large amount on their S&S account at the end of the cruise.

I have read several times (but did a search and couldn't find it again) on how to add money to my S&S card ahead of time. Any help would be appreciated!

Go to Bonvoyage Gifts and Services on the Carnival web,click on gift certificates. click on details, and then quanity for how many fun ship dollars you want, they have increments of 25. 50. 100. & 500.00.

Now fill out your form with your

PHONE # : 123-456-7890

FIRST NAME: JANE

LAST NAME: DOE

ADDRESS LINE: This is where you would add your (booking #) not your home address

CITY: Name of City

STATE: Name of State

ZIP: "

SAIL DATE:

I hope this helps and I didn't steer you wrong, I have purchased over 500. this way and they all went to my S&S account. Good luck :D

Lighten up. :rolleyes: We are here to help with questions, offer our opinions, and give facts based on our past cruise experiences. That's what a message board is.

To the OP: you have the right idea in adding money to your S&S card before your cruise. Everyone has already told you how to go about it. We did this for our last cruise, and it was so nice not to have such a big S&S bill at the end of the cruise. I simply called Carnival and had them put it on my credit card ~ no funship dollars.

We also pre-paid the gratuities (tips), as Cotton was talking about. One thing to note: if you pre-pay gratuities you can NOT adjust them once onboard as you can with the auto-tips. Not a problem for us, as we had excellent service from our steward and wait staff.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions...........regardless of a few grouchy-pants posters on here! Most of us are quite friendly! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

OK, I ve read all the responses. BUT, is there a way to put cash on your card when you get there. I mean when I get on the ship, could go and give them like 500$ to put on my card? We do not want to use the credit card, as we have cash saved up. We are leaving on Sunday on the Valor, so Ive been thinking about this a lot.

Archived