New Years suggestions?

llmoyer123

we're looking for a cruise over new years and am looking for suggestions. so far, we're finding the prices on that week to be about three times higher than any other december/january period!

we're looking for a "newer" ship. have only cruised carnival in the past and have always been pleased with them. however, we wouldn't mind branching out to another cruise line.

has anyone found a particularly good itinerary or (better yet) a particularly good bargain for that time period? we're partial to sailing out of florida, in that we're in the midwest and the air rates are much better for us.

we're thinking if we stay away from carnival, it might cut down on the kids-on-christmas-break mayhem.

we've visited almost all the carribbean ports, so that isn't a big criteria for us, but the condition of the ship is!

looking forward to hearing some suggestions.

llmoyer123@aol.com

that sounds good. give me an idea of prices? any link to where i can see the itinerary?

i'm thinking more in terms of something sailing out of florida, and will go back and edit my post, in that we're in the midwest and can fly to florida pretty inexpensively.

thanks!

any link to where i can see the itinerary?
Celebrity website, or any online agency (Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, etc).

Pricing seems reasonable, considering it's a holiday sailing, only appears to be 2-3X "off peak" rates.

We sailed the Conquest this past NY's, getting down a day early and had a blast in the french quarter! NY's deck party was great, and the champagne was free ( not the good stuff). They also served free champagne during the afternoon upon boarding. I found the prices reasonable for a balcony, and we liked the itinerary: Grand Caymen, Mo bay and Cozumel.

If you haven't sailed the Mex Riv, you need to.............it is a the greatest.

Plus, adults only on HOLIDAY Vacation sounds great, too. All ships have kids and prices are high...............so ..........Happy New Years~

I looked at a couple of western Caribbean New Year's cruises. While I am prone to go with RCI, I decided to cruise Carnival for the first time because the trip includes a stop in Belize. This is also my wife's birthday cruise and we've only hit Cozemel on previous trips to Mexico. We're looking forward to New Year's on a FUN ship.

which carnival cruise sales the caribbean during new years? i think you'll enjoy cruising carnival at that time. we may end up doing that too, though i'm still holding out on trying a new line, since we've cruised carnival exclusively (7 times).

I've been on Celebrity a few times, and it's wonderful! Celebrity does about four ADULTS ONLY (love it!!) cruises a year. On other lines, since Christmas and New Year's are school vacations, you can expect to see A LOT of kids, and high prices. What you need to keep in mind this year, is that both Christmas and New Year's fall on a Saturday, so this can pose a problem for Sat. - to Sat. 7-nt. cruises. The CCL Conquest leaves from NO on Sundays, so that if you did a Christmas or New Year's sailing, these Holidays would be your last night on board.

Archived