Reservation Missing!

Wife went online to check our cruise reservation and it was missing, checked reservations and the date was not listed anymore...I called RCCL and was told that the Soverign of the Seas was LEASED and that all reservations were cancelled, boy, this has never happened to us before!:eek:

The date of the cancelled cruise is June 4, 2007, it also was one of the $99 off for Crown and Anchor members.

Were you offered any form of compensation for the inconvenience? When our 2007 Jewel of the Seas westbound transatlantic cruise was cancelled they eventually offered a choice of several replacement cruises along with an onboard credit if we rebooked within a certain time frame.

It took nearly two weeks from the time our reservation first disappeared and we received official notice of what was happening. In the meantime, many of those who called RCI received several different, and sometimes quite imaginative, explanations - most of which turned out to be incorrect.:rolleyes:

Same thing happened to us. Reservation was missing online for our 4/29/07 Eastern Carib. on Mariner because they decided to dry dock her a week earlier than planned. Called RCCL, they said someone would be calling us. About two weeks later we got a call saying she was going to be in dry dock and offered us a couple of other dates. Transferred booking to another date and they gave us $100pp on board credit. We didn't even have to ask for the OBC they offered it up front.:p

wow we were schedule on the June 4 cruise and when i called they said there was something wrong with the website only.I iwll call to see what is up.

That is one of the problems when booking directly with RCI instead of using a good TA. When you call with a question, you never know what kind of an answer you will get. Some CSRs are very conscientious but others are afraid to tell you that they don't know the answer, and rather than admit it and say that they will get the answer and get back to you, they dream up something which usually turns out to be wrong. I'd call more than once, if only to see if I got the same answer each time.:(

Our Jewel 07 Canada/New England cruise also disappered........it got to the point that after my ta called about 8 times........we went with the answer we got 3 times:D .........we also got a shipboard credit but the cruises they offered didn't work for us........so we just cancelled and booked another cruise........but when you book 18 months out like we do......that has happened more than once........I'm even to the point it doesn't upset me anymore and I've almost come to expect it.:)

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I called RCCL twice, they said that we should be hearing from the

"Deployment" department about possible resolutions, our friends, who

were also booked for the same cruise through a TA, said that they

were told by the TA that it wasn't cancelled, just the rest of the ship

was booked up by someone else? Well, I don't believe their TA because

why would our reservation numbers disappear from the MY CRUISES tab

on the RCCL website!!:confused:

If the group is large enough to take the whole ship, just be happy that you aren't going on that cruise!

If the group were small enough to accomodate other pax, you not only would have to cruise with a large group, you probably would not know it until you were onboard.

That happened to us on one cruise, the large group was probably only about 25% of the ship, but large enough to take up the public space typically shared by all. There were special accomodations for the group, they were nice, but I'd much rather travel with a bunch of regular cruisers.

I hope you do find another cruise to take the place of the one cancelled!

RCCL canceled out our Brilliance Panama Canal cruise for next year.........and they rescheduled the ship to go into dry dock. We were given the opportunity to rebook to keep our booking onboard stateroom credit.

Booking so far out.........somethimes has disatvantages.

Rick

Booking so far out.........somethimes has disatvantages.

Rick

But sometimes the low rates that they offer when the books first open are some compensation for the uncertainty, and as the sailing date gets closer it can be nice to see how much less we paid than those booking later.;)

But sometimes the low rates that they offer when the books first open are some compensation for the uncertainty, and as the sailing date gets closer it can be nice to see how much less we paid than those booking later.;)

Unless of course when your cruise is cancelled and they allow you to switch..........at prevailing rates:D

Called And Found Out That The June 4 Was Chartered And Eventually Someone Would Get In Touch With Me And I Asked How Soon As We Have To Change Our Schedules Next Year And Find Another Cruise That Is Not Sold Out.their Answer Some One Will Contact You But We Are Not Sure When.oh Well I Will Call When They Open And See If I Can Get An Answer.

Our reservation for Sept 6 2007 to Europe also disappeared---same thing, the ship was chartered out. Our TA wanted us to wait awhile to see what RCCL would come up with. I was afraid of not getting a choice cabin, so I had her re-book us for the 30th of Sept. The TA was able to get us 100 dollars for on board ship credit plus 400 dollars off the room rate. Turns out that we came out ahead as the rates were already 400 less on the later cruise. I hear the weather is not as stiffling hot and ports less crowded at the end of Sept. We think we got a better deal!:)

They told us that we should be able to keep our rate from the cancelled cruise if we were to switch to a different cruise...now I don't know if that will still hold for a better ship...say the Enchantment which has a 5 day on June 4, 07....it is out of Ft. Laud. so the distance we would have to travel to the port is quite a bit more...but would be worth it.

Our reservation for Sept 6 2007 to Europe also disappeared---same thing, the ship was chartered out. Our TA wanted us to wait awhile to see what RCCL would come up with. I was afraid of not getting a choice cabin, so I had her re-book us for the 30th of Sept. The TA was able to get us 100 dollars for on board ship credit plus 400 dollars off the room rate. Turns out that we came out ahead as the rates were already 400 less on the later cruise. I hear the weather is not as stiffling hot and ports less crowded at the end of Sept. We think we got a better deal!:)

What ship were you due to sail on, on September 6, 2007?

Archived