Pools on Serenade of the Seas

Does anyone know if they heat the pools on the Serenade of the Seas? Either the outdoor or the indoor pool? I cannot seem to find the answer on RCI's site. Not sure if the itinerary matters, but I curious about the Alaskan cruise. Thanks for any answers you can give!

I'm pretty sure that they heat the chlorinated salt water in the indoor (solarium) pool and the outdoor pool, as I have been in all the adult pools on 5 RCI ships and the water temperature seemed the same on them all and at various times of day and location in the world. This included a swim in the outdoor pool on the Vision in Juneau one warmish sunny day. Two outdoor hot tubs and one hot tub in the solarium. I loved the Serenade, and I predict you will too. Jim

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to hear they are heated also. I did a search on this subject before starting a new thread and there were some heated discussions on the topic. We are on the Radiance next May, to Alaska, and a Transatlantic next Dec. There wouldn't be much sense to have pools at all if guests can't swim in colder climates and seasons. Just because the pools are salt water wouldn't mean they can't be heated. Your answers will satisfy me for now - thanks :)

Archived