help understanding Tendering

Heathergurl

ok someone please Help me understand this.... I will be at cozumel on the 22nd I think or the 21st .. but what does tendering mean and how will this affect me? I thought we were the first ship in that morning by like hours. so im lost so any help will be greatful :)

Heathergurl, tendering is when your ship is not able to dock at a pier and passengers cannot walk directly off the ship into the port. In such cases, for the passengers to get to shore they have to get into a small boat that comes up to the ship. The smaller boat then takes you the rest of the way to shore. Same procedure when it's time for you to go back to your ship. There is more than one "tender" boat, but it will take several trips back and forth to get the passengers to/back from shore.

Some ships tender because they are too large to dock at certain ports. In Cozumel's case, Hurricane Wilma either damaged or destroyed the piers. Carnival's pier was completely destroyed and has not been rebuilt yet. Some, but not all, ships are able to dock at another pier there that has been repaired.

Hope this helps you understand about tendering. Hope I explained it half-way right....:D

Archived