Carnival Triumph to Sail from port of NOLA ~ annoucement today

Cruising89143

Yep, the 10 o'clock news tonight said that Carnival and the Port of New Orleans will make an announcement tomorrow. Oh I hope that we're getting a big ship again. I hate traveling to Galveston.

Anyone heard anything about it?

HERE IS A LINK TO WHERE YOU WILL FIND THE ANNOUNCMENT WHEN THEY MAKE IT. IT IS THE PORT OF NEW ORLEANS WEB SITE NEWS PAGE.

http://63.243.21.112:8083/PRESSRELDSP.HTM

Thanks for the info. I also can't wait. I want to book another cruise for November 2007 but was holding out for another bigger ship in New Orleans. Hoping to get my first balcony cabin (fingers crossed).;)

Anybody know what time the annoucement is supposed to take place??

ALVINF - Love the Avatar - Roll Tide! :D

I just got off the phone with PVP and she said that the Fantasy is moving to New Orleans very soon. I'm not sure if this is the annoucement or not.

That is not the announcement. I have been booked on the Fantasy from New Orleans for months. It begins cruising from there the last part of October.

We just booked a cruise last week on the Conquest leaving out of Galveston. How does that work if they move the Conquest to New Orleans? Will I have to cancel and rebook? :confused:

I don't think that is going to happen... but if it does, they will most likely do to you what they did for us. We were booked on the Conquest out of NOLA for this October, they moved us to Galveston after Katrina... we are now out of Galveston. You could cancel without penalty if you didn't want to cruise from Galveston.

I don't think that is going to happen... but if it does, they will most likely do to you what they did for us. We were booked on the Conquest out of NOLA for this October, they moved us to Galveston after Katrina... we are now out of Galveston. You could cancel without penalty if you didn't want to cruise from Galveston.

Thank you.

I was hoping it would be as simple as just driving to New Orleans instead of Galveston to meet the ship without having to make any other changes, like having to cancel and rebook. I have no problem with leaving from New Orleans.

Logic says the Valor.

Carnivals recent modis opererandi has been to move a ship after drydock and Valor is about due for one.

That's my guess.

That's what I'm thinking... and hoping :D Only 8 minutes til the announcement!! Then we can start thinking about S&S 4 :D

I called my PVP and asked since I am waiting to book a new cruise for a new ship in Mobile or New Orleans. He said he had heard rumors that the Liberty would be moved after it finishes it European cruises. He knew nothing of an announcement.

Can't get to the link (blocked) any news yet???

Believe me, when there is news, you will see about 20 threads pop up on the front page, LMAO... even a week from now, someone will post "breaking news" :p LOL

Archived