Ft Lauderdale -- Miami: The best way?

CTMak

Sailing on a 4-night cruise on the Fascination in Sept 20 out of Miami. However, JetBlue just launched a NYC to Ft Lauderdale flight for $69 each way -- so we decided to fly into FLL rather than MIA the day before.

My question is what's the best way to get from Ft Laudrerdale to South Beach in Miami where we are staying transportatoin-wise. (Staying in South Beach -- have reservations at Emeril's for the night of the 19th)

Car rentals are about $30 and I can drop the car off right in South Beach and will take a cab to the Port the following day.

Any flaws in this plan? Anybody have any better alternatives? Shuttles, etc?

Thanks

CTMak

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=3][color=red]Since you need transportation to your hotel instead of directly to the port renting a car is the best way to go. We have done just about every method in existence. We have rented a van, taken a shuttle, and had a limo. For your particular needs I say renting a car would work out best.[/color][/size][/font]

I agree that taking a car sounds best for you right now. We just went from Ft. Lauderdale to the Miami port last week and chose to take a limo. It's more expensive but I wanted to add that if you decide to do it....Limos of Miami was fantastic. We found them through this board and they exceeded our expectations. We had them pick us up at the airport and return us to Ft. Lauderdale following the cruise. They were always on time and did a great job of confirming times and maintaining contact with us as needed. If you are looking for limo service, I would highly recommend them.

Archived