need info on Grank Turk

letusgo

Thank you so much. two more questions----do you tender in at this port and also can you pick up t shirts etc at the dock area. Did you go on a Carnival ship also ? Thanks again.

so sorry i didn't see your questions earlier. hope you haven't already gone. you do not tender at grand turk. carnival put $55M into the pier there, and it's very nice. If you follow the link below to buffets margaritaville in grand turk, you can see in the pictures posted just how close the ship is (you just walk there). We didn't plan on spending the entire time right there, but as you will see from the pics, the place is like a resort. http://www.margaritaville.com/grandturk.php we've paid for excursions to places just like this in other ports. It was nice not to have to shell out the money for a change. We were in fact on Carnival. Fantasy did this itinerary in July. We loved it so much, we're going back in Feb '07. Same itinerary, different ship (elation). We've been on 8 cruises, 6 with Carnival. We have never repeated an itinerary. This one is worth it (grand turk, half moon cay, nassau). Re: t-shirts. Buffet's margaritaville has a great gift store, but it is very pricey. the area around the pier is just beginning to get leased up, so by the time you go perhaps there will be more to choose from. enjoy!

:D We will be staying at the Grand Turks Inn next week and will give a full review when we get home, but for now here is what I know.

They charge $35.00 each person plus tax 10% or at least that is what they are charging us. You get the use of one of there rooms to put your things in, Lunch including drinks water soda etc. The use of there snorkeling equipment, beach chairs & flots. The cost for taxi is around $5.00 each one way, but this I am not to sure of, will let you know when we get back. We are ariving at 8:00am and they said that was no problem that they would have a room ready for us. They except credit cards to hold reservations. Thats about all I know now. Oh ya there email address is grandturkinn@yahoo.com

Thanks for the information. We are arriving on the Zuiderdam on November 13th and I just sent the Grand Turks Inn an email inquiring as to the availability for that day. It looks like a beautiful inn and a great place to spend the day.

Regards,

We just returned from our cruise, and had a wonderful experience in Grand Turk. Someone with whom we travelled had set up a private excursion to the Grand Turk Inn. For a very reasonable rate we had access to the small beach, use of beach mat, floaties, etc, had access to a suite in the inn for changing clothes, using the bathroom, etc. and then we relaxed in a shaded breezeway for a bit and had a gourmet lunch! It was fabulous! :D It is worth checking out! - Robyn

What do you mean by "access to a suite". Do they give you the suite for the day? Or just to use to store your things while you are on the beach?

Thanks,

Thanks to secordwest and rmhawley for the information on Grand Turk Inn. I spoke to Katrina (one of the sisters) and made a reservation for November 13th. It sounds like a perfect place to spend a day and I can't wait.

rmhawley, where in CT are you? I'm in Orange.

Thanks again,

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

where is margaritaville? what is it exactly? hotel/bar/restaurant? how do you get there?

thanks!

QUOTE=cruisy-suzy;7677886]Scooters are for rent at $55 a day, and two people can ride. You go to the taxi stand outside the terminal, and it is a 5 minute walk to the left / north to where they are renting them. Not sure if you have to put more gas in, but it is $5 a gallon as of 8/30.

We loved Governor's Beach and also the pool at Margaritaville.

I didn't see the lighthouse, so can't comment on that.

Happy cruising!

Suzy

Margaritaville is right off of the dock. You can see it as you get off of the ship.

We had a great time there. Margarita's are excellant! You will not want to

drink another one on the ship after you have one of theirs. Just not the same.

where is margaritaville? what is it exactly? hotel/bar/restaurant? how do you get there?

thanks!

Someone above gave the link to the site.

It's at http://www.margaritaville.com -- and from there you can find out about the store/bar on Grand Turk.

Singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett owns the Margaritavilles [Orlando, Key West, New Orleans, Ocho Rios, etc. etc.] and typically they serve great drinks and good food.

I did the kayak tour through the mangrove swamps last summer. It was glorious. So many creatures! I strongly suggest this to anyone with an appreciation for the earth. Just a fabulous experience.

They combine it with a snorkel that's top notch.

and plenty of time to grab a drink and park on the beach :)

We cruised May 2007 on the Carnival Triumph. In Grand Turk, we took a taxi downtown for $5.00 per person, but I do not suggest it. There is nothing in town. The people are poor and not very polite. The only stores we found were tents on the side of the road, but no bargains were found by us. Everything is very expensive so take lots of cash with you. Gas is $5.00 a gallon and the price of food is much more than where I live. Margaritaville is noisy and loud, so if you want a quiet place we found The Sand Bar on the beach coming back from town. It has a great view of the beach and you can sit and drink your “rum punch” under the shade. My daughter found large couch shells in the surf but the waves were big. Margaritaville has a swimming area roped off on the beach and the water is calm and warm. There are plenty of chairs but no shade. You can see your boat docked at the pier while you swim. I really did not like Grand Turk at all. I would never want to go back there.

We will be staying at the Grand Turks Inn next week and will give a full review when we get home, but for now here is what I know.

They charge $35.00 each person plus tax 10% or at least that is what they are charging us. You get the use of one of there rooms to put your things in, Lunch including drinks water soda etc. The use of there snorkeling equipment, beach chairs & flots. The cost for taxi is around $5.00 each one way, but this I am not to sure of, will let you know when we get back

Secordwest - I presume you are back now - any feedback on the Grand Turk Inn greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

• 7 months later...
I did the kayak tour through the mangrove swamps last summer. It was glorious. So many creatures! I strongly suggest this to anyone with an appreciation for the earth. Just a fabulous experience.

They combine it with a snorkel that's top notch.

and plenty of time to grab a drink and park on the beach :)

Thank You. This was the info we were looking for. We will book it fot March.

Someone mentioned a "mini spa" at the Grand Turk cruise center. Did they happen to be doing massages on the beach? Is this something you just schedule when you disembark?

Was the kayaking a ship excursion or were there companies waiting at the pier to book arriving cruisers?

Hi,

I'm sorry that I don't know the name of the beach. It was the one across the street and to the right of Oasis Divers if you are looking at the water. There is a restaurant right there, and it's much better to go to the right of the restaurant. I believe the restaurant was called the Water's Edge.

It was the same beach that they were bringing the cruise excursions to for snorkeling excursions. Renting from Oasis directly was only $10 for fins, snorkel and mask for the day. They had showers outside of the shop too which were great. So nice to be able to rinse off. The excursions didn't get to rinse off, they were corralled back on to the bus. Plus, we snorkeled for a good few hours, with stops for drinks at the restaurant right there and were able to just take our time. I loved it and it was an amazing bargain.

This sounds perfect for us! Thank you so much for your review. We have some snorkelers and some divers - this way we'll make everyone happy!

• 1 month later...

Yes, there is a massage cabana near the excursion pier at the cruise centre, where we do chair or table massage. You can book ahead through www.spaanani.com or you can walk up, though you may have to waita bit for an appointment. The cabana is about 30 feet from the beach so you can listen to the waves on the shore while you relax!

Someone mentioned a "mini spa" at the Grand Turk cruise center. Did they happen to be doing massages on the beach? Is this something you just schedule when you disembark?

Was the kayaking a ship excursion or were there companies waiting at the pier to book arriving cruisers?

Archived