century/norweigan fjords with 8month old.

Sally1J

Hi All!!

I am new to the board but not new to cruising however this will be the first cruise with our son who is now 8 months old.

Can I please bother you all with a few questions:

1) At home I boil tap water before making up bottles. Will I be able to do this on century?

2) What should I pack clothes wise for my son?

3) Should I take our car seat for the taxi from amsterdam airport to the ship?

Many, many thanks to you all in advance for your help.

There's no place to boil water in any cabin on any cruise ship, so you are out of luck for that. You might want to ask for help with that situation by asking your room steward.

As for clothing, it can be quite cold and rainy in Norway later in the cruise season and since you're cruising rather far north, it can be very chilly, depending on what month you're doing this. I did a similar trip two years ago in late August and we all wore sweatshirts, jeans and jackets during the day, so prepare accordingly, especially if this cruise isn't in June/July/early August. Flaam was beautiful with temps in the high 50's. Oslo was a bit warmer, in the high 60's. Bergen was very rainy and chilly.

Many thanks for that.

We are going next week (26th) and I cannot wait.

Does anyone know if it is safe to use the hot water provided for tea etc for making up the formula.

I am guessing that the water will be filtered, purified and very hot and too be perfectly honest, with the things my son puts into his mouth now, I am sure his imune system is good!! He is certainly immune to my 2 golden retrievers who insist on washing him.

I also have a question regarding baby food. Although he is only 8 months he is already doing really well with foods like yogurts, chopped friut, toast and scrambled eggs... Do you think celebrity will be happy to provide me with steamed veggies, pasta with grated cheese and bananas etc or do I really have to feed my son out of tins and jars for a week? I realise the baby food industry is very tightly regulated but I still think fresh is best for him.

Thanks Again.

As far as the water, on one cruise I took a few gallons of "Nursery Water" to mix up the formula. On another cruise, I just kept some normal bottles of water with us and used that to mix the formula. AND, I left it room temperature cause by the time the baby is that old, they don't care if its heated or not.

As far as food...I didn't take any food with me and I found more than enough options on board. There was always a steady supply of fresh fruits and steamed veggies at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had no problems at all mashing things up.

Archived