Quebec Zipline ?

Hi,

Does anyone have any expereince or knowledge of Zipline independent tours available in / nearby the cruise port of Quebec. Had read of some in "Eastern Townships" but have no clue about the proximity in distance for a daytrip while in port, or if this is doable during port time.:confused:

Will be on the HAL Maasadam Sept. 30th Boston-Montreal.

Hi, I've never heard of Zipline (I live in Montreal), but I can tell you that if you wish to visit the Eastern Townships from Montreal for a day trip it is very doable, will take you a full day but you can do it. Of course you won't visit every town, but you can definitely do the trip.

You could also rent a car and do the drive yourself stopping at a few different towns/villages, like Knowlton, Magog, North Hatley, those 3 come to mind I'd say the drive would be maybe max 1-1/2 (without stops) from Montreal probably less been a while since I've gone out there.

You can do some leaf peeping.

Bon Jour MrsMoose and merci por l'infomacion. Howz my Francais so far (LOL). Wish I could rmeber and apply more form my high school French class.

Found this link this morning - maybe this park (parc) sounds familiar to you. We are doing an additional post cruise day in MOntreal - so if time is tight we could always drive back to Quebec and spend the nite there and do the zipline early in the morning before heading home out of Montreal. We do actually dock in Quebec one day in port - so if time allows we would prefer to find the zipline while in the port of Quebec. Appparently "zipline" is aka "treetop canopy" in Canada.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155025-i50-k667240-Which_Parc_would_you_recommend-l4254632-Quebec.html#4254632

"Duchesnay is a vacation village - nice setting by a lake, hotel, cottages, lake beach, playground, hiking and biking trails, treetop adventures (zipline),"

Feel somewhat stupi9d but Canadian & Alaskan geography is my weakness. Caribb, MX, Bahamas, & French Polynesia are my usual forte!

Thanks again.

Bon Jour MrsMoose and merci por l'infomacion. Howz my Francais so far (LOL). Wish I could rmeber and apply more form my high school French class.

Found this link this morning - maybe this park (parc) sounds familiar to you. We are doing an additional post cruise day in MOntreal - so if time is tight we could always drive back to Quebec and spend the nite there and do the zipline early in the morning before heading home out of Montreal. We do actually dock in Quebec one day in port - so if time allows we would prefer to find the zipline while in the port of Quebec. Appparently "zipline" is aka "treetop canopy" in Canada.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155025-i50-k667240-Which_Parc_would_you_recommend-l4254632-Quebec.html#4254632

"Duchesnay is a vacation village - nice setting by a lake, hotel, cottages, lake beach, playground, hiking and biking trails, treetop adventures (zipline),"

Feel somewhat stupi9d but Canadian & Alaskan geography is my weakness. Caribb, MX, Bahamas, & French Polynesia are my usual forte!

Thanks again.

Bonjour, and you are more than welcome. your french is fine, spelling a little off. And don't feel stupid please, no question is stupid.

Ok, first, I'm american and I've lived here for 20 years and my DH is french canadian so english is fine with me.

I'm not sure what you are looking for or want. I would love to help you. If it's Parc Jacque Cartier, I know there is one in the Quebec City area with lots of out door activities but I've never been, let's just say I'm not the outdoor type other than downhill skiing.

If it's the Parc Jacques-Cartier go to www . jacques-cartier.com and the second half will be in english if you scroll down to read.

I'm not sure what zipline is, maybe if you gave me a little more detail I can help you and exactly what you are looking for. I've driven from Montreal to Quebec City quite often, it's about 2-1/2 hours depending on traffic and construction.

If you are looking Station touristique Duchesnay then that is about 45km from Quebec City about 265km from Montreal and if you go to http://www.sepaq.com/ct/duc/en/

that might be of help to you.

Honestly I'm not sure what you are looking for but I hope this helps.

If you give me a little more info on exactly what you are looking to do and the timframe (amount of days) etc, maybe I can be more helpful.

Happy healthy safe travels.

Yes, that is excatly what I am referencing. It seems maybe there is more than one vendor/ company who might be offering this type of activity in more than one location.

We are Quebec City port Friday Oct. 6th so may not fit with their schedule. But we disembark on Saturday October 7th and can overnite in either Montreal or Quebec and do the Mt. Tremblant Acrobranche.

If it is not too much trouble, maybe you know of other locations/ vendors in/ around Quebec or Montreal (driveable) that we could do this activity.

Thank you very much again Mrs. Moose:)

Hi JunPoa,

Why do you think taht your schedule will not fit?

You disembark on October 7th Saturday of course in the morning and you do overnight in Montreal or Quebec. Correct! I guess your flight back home is on the 8th. They are OPEN 9-5:30 and on October 8th is a weekend and they are operating I just called them to confirm. There is not reason for you not to make it there on time for the 7th and have some fun. I have driven many times that road I live in Montreal. Have you already made arrangments for the 8th for someone to drive you to Montreal? If not I can help you with that all the way to Mont-Tremblant and back to Montreal of course you will do overnight in Montreal for next day flight back home. Do not forget Mont Tremblant is a must see place and the best area in the laurentians North of Montreal if u have heard about it. I consider much better seenary compared to eastern township. you may also to choose to sleep there and back to montreal teh next day for you flight. 1.5 away drive Montreal to Mont Tremblant

Hi Armani,

This is terrific news. Voila.

As long as we have adequate time to catch our Sunday Oct. 8th 6:25PM (departs from YUL) early evening flight back to Baltimore I am open to any itinerary that offers the best scenery &

adventure" expereince. We are both actice adventurous type travelors, my hsband loves hiking & the outdoors. Being from the moutanous area of S. Korea he loves muntain type scenery & I love anything water!:)

We enjoyed zipline in Maui this past June and plan to do it again on our Feb cruise to Belize.

I have not yet made any transportation arrangements nor lodging (neither a driver nor a rental car) yet for Saturday nite Oct. 7th. We will likely disembark early from Maasdam ship in Montreal so we have pretty much all day Saturday to probably make an afternoon zipline tour if all transportation & lodging arrangements are pre-booked. We are not afraid to rent a car - we usually do everywhere we go - I am just uncertain about the logistics of where the nearest agencies are in relation to the port etc..

Also, my friend did her honeymoon in Montreal and mentioned some "waterfalls" just outside of Montreal I would like to see - if you have any clue what she's referencing.:confused:

I appreciate any assistance you are able to offer.

Many Thanks :)

-R aka Junpoa

Hi, sorry I don't know of any other vendors/locations.

The only "waterfalls" I know of that comes to mind right now are outside of Quebec City called the Montmorency Cute/Falls. There might be a tour to see them from Quebec City while your ship is in port. It's not really doable from Montreal in my opinion in one day. I've been there so if you have any questions maybe I can help.

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/fiches/en/attraits/3197018.html

Mt. Tremblant is a ski area in the winter, it is as Armani says approx 1-1/2 hour drive from Montreal.

Mt. Tremblant is a very nice area, lots of hotels and restaurants, and the little village St. Jovite is also nice.

If you have your ship docking in Montreal and you are only doing one overnight and leaving the next day I would say go to Tremblant for your zipline.

If you are asking how far the rental agencies are from the ship docks, for rental cars, not far, about 15 min by taxi , I live right near the docks and I drive downtown in about 15 min or less to the downtown area and there are the major rental car companies there.

It will depend on if you want to stay up north as Armani suggests or if you want to sleep in Montreal.

The townships are nice but if you like mountains you are better to go up north than the townships.

Actually what you could do is head up north on the saturday and if you like mountain scenery etc, then sleep up there, and come back the next day (day of your flight) and perhaps turn in your car at the airport if you rent a car. It all depends on what you want. If you are up north and want to get around it's best you have a car if you are in the village of Mt. Tremblant and want to go to St. Jovite or get around. I do believe you can also take the cable car up the mountain to visit it and I think there is a restaurant on top of the mountain too.

www.tremblant.ca

let me know if I can help some more

Hi, sorry I don't know of any other vendors/locations.

The only "waterfalls" I know of that comes to mind right now are outside of Quebec City called the Montmorency Cute/Falls. There might be a tour to see them from Quebec City while your ship is in port. It's not really doable from Montreal in my opinion in one day. I've been there so if you have any questions maybe I can help.

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/fiches/en/attraits/3197018.html

Mt. Tremblant is a ski area in the winter, it is as Armani says approx 1-1/2 hour drive from Montreal.

Mt. Tremblant is a very nice area, lots of hotels and restaurants, and the little village St. Jovite is also nice.

If you have your ship docking in Montreal and you are only doing one overnight and leaving the next day I would say go to Tremblant for your zipline.

If you are asking how far the rental agencies are from the ship docks, for rental cars, not far, about 15 min by taxi , I live right near the docks and I drive downtown in about 15 min or less to the downtown area and there are the major rental car companies there.

It will depend on if you want to stay up north as Armani suggests or if you want to sleep in Montreal.

The townships are nice but if you like mountains you are better to go up north than the townships.

Actually what you could do is head up north on the saturday and if you like mountain scenery etc, then sleep up there, and come back the next day (day of your flight) and perhaps turn in your car at the airport if you rent a car. It all depends on what you want. If you are up north and want to get around it's best you have a car if you are in the village of Mt. Tremblant and want to go to St. Jovite or get around. I do believe you can also take the cable car up the mountain to visit it and I think there is a restaurant on top of the mountain too.

www.tremblant.ca

let me know if I can help some more

U R right Mrs. Moose about the Falls, checked with my friend , Montmorency are in fact what she was refrring to but outside Quebec (as you say)not Montreal as I was mistaken.

I think your final suggestion is the best one to head north on Saturday rent a car and go up to Mt. Tremblant for the zipline and spend the nite in that area. Your info was so very helpful and right on target - thank you again.:)

BTW - Love your quote of compassion - as a nurse myself, I feel one cannot be an effective nurse without compassion to anyone really.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in any of your tropical travel plans/destinations.

Take Care - JunPOA

You are more than welcome, glad I could be of help. If you have any other questions, I check in every day or two or so.

I hope you have a fantastic time on your trip and you get to see and do everything you want.

BTW, if you go to www.bonjourquebec.com and enter tremblant on their search area you will get a lot of info if the tremblant website doesn't do it for you.

Also remember that the trip back from Tremblant to Dorval (airport) will take about 2 hours if there is no traffic so allow enough time if you are going directly to the airport (I would allow more than 2 hours to be safe)

I have one final suggestion, I haven't looked at my calendar but I think you might be here on the weekend of Canadian Thanksgiving which would be a long weekend here and monday would be the thanksgiving holiday. You will be gone on the monday, but for the hotel reservations/car rental, just in case I would suggest makeing them sooner rather than later to be better safe than sorry as they say. Sat and sunday especially up north everything will be open, no worries, just that it will be leaf peeping season also so things might get a little fuller earlier rather than later.

It's too bad about the falls, but your ship may offer a land excursion tour if they do a port day in Quebec City, it's not that far from the docks of Quebec City, maybe 30 - 45 min drive from what I remember.

I'm glad you like my tagline. I only hope that all nurses feel the same way as you do. I can appreciate a nurse with compassion, I went through breast cancer and chemo and radiation, one nurse had a lot and one nurse had absoultely none.

Thank you for your offer to help with tropics most appreciated.

Again, I wish you healthy, happy, safe travels, and I hope you get to see and do all that your hearts desire

Bonjour à tous,

i live in Québec City. 'Zipline' as you called it is available at 2 locations close to the city: at Le Relais ski center, about 20 miutes out of town (http://www.skirelais.com ) and at Station Duchesnay, about 45 minutes from downtown. You'll probably experience great scenery (it's peak foliage season last week of sept and/or firts of oct) and will have lot of fun ! So no need to drive 5 hours (return) from Montréal to Mont-Tremblant...

Archived