Straw Market in Nassau.....

Breucklin

Has anyone been lately to the straw markets?? Is it still at the same location? Are they still selling the "designer bags"?? LOL

Is it still by Senor Frogs??? I figured DBF could go there for a beer while i go into the market and haggle with the local ladies....lol

Thanks... :D

Hi, I was in Nassau in the beginning of August and yes the straw market is still there next to Senor Frogs. It actually turned out to be the highlight of my day (a celebrity was at Atlantis and so certain areas where this person was weren't accessable. And Senor Frogs was having electricity problems and were closed!)

They are still selling the bags. I picked up a Gucci and a Fendi and most of the other women I was with did also. I was very surprised at the prices they first offered for each, they were crazy. So my tip is if its over $20 ask for half, and you'll usually get it, just be nice to the ladies. ;)

i was there 2 years ago and yes the prices were to high for the handbags....its fun trying to get the prices down.....i had only one lady vendor tell me i was out of my mind...when i went down on the price....it was funny....her lose cause i bought a bag from the lady 2 booths down from her....LOL

Thanks for your response...cant wait to see the straw market ladies again....and yes i will be nice to them..... :D LOL

Yeah, I was worried when I first walked in and heard $70, but they came waaaay way down, lol. There were some older ladies in front of me walking, and were ignoring the women working the booths, and boy did they get mad at them!! So I made sure to smile say no thankyou and keep on walkin, lol.

Archived