Medical Kit

mystte

Hi, now I am trying to put together a bit of a medical kit,

I have the Kwells, doctor also prescribed Stemzine - has anyone used this as I have never used anything for seasickness,

have disprin,

imodium just in case

bandades

savlon

Anti inflammatory cream

non stick dressing

Any idea what else I need:)

Luci

Hi, now I am trying to put together a bit of a medical kit,

I have the Kwells, doctor also prescribed Stemzine - has anyone used this as I have never used anything for seasickness,

have disprin,

imodium just in case

bandades

savlon

Anti inflammatory cream

non stick dressing

Any idea what else I need:)

Luci

Hi Luci, I get occaisional bouts of vertigo and am prescribed Stemitil (Stemzine) is the cheaper equivalent. It works wonders. I am sailing on the star on 9th Sept, and have been advised to start taking it a least 1 day prior to sailing as it does tend to take a while to get into your system.

It is great for the nausea and the wonky feet that comes with seasickness.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Lea.

I took insect repellant but never used it. Mind you, I forgot to take it ashore with me and I think it was Wala where I wish I had it. Certainly didn't need it on the ship. I also took stingoes, aqua ear & murine. Thought the kids might get sore eyes & ears from swimming but again, didn't use it. Will take it again though. I also took spray-on band aid. Expensive but worth it if you have kids.

Karen

I took insect repellant but never used it. Mind you, I forgot to take it ashore with me and I think it was Wala where I wish I had it. Certainly didn't need it on the ship. I also took stingoes, aqua ear & murine. Thought the kids might get sore eyes & ears from swimming but again, didn't use it. Will take it again though. I also took spray-on band aid. Expensive but worth it if you have kids.

Karen

When we were at Pentecost we definetly needed it the insect repellant - we even had the deputy cruise director and some of the cruise staff borrowing ours because they didn't have any.

Kym

Thanks guys, one thing I hope wont happen is getting burnt as I don't too easily but am already prepared as Ross does:)

Gel for after - I hadn't thought of that so will get some!

I will take the Stemzine that morning or should I start the day before? Going by water taxi to Watsons Bay on Tuesday and I know that wont be a problem.

Got the aerogard already, think the roll -on is ok?

Stingos sounds good, eye drops a must.

Berocca - have never taken it but i think it would be a good idea and the nurofen, laxatives - hopefully they have sufficient all bran and fruit on board:D

Mylanta or similar - good.

Is that it?

I have the Kwells, doctor also prescribed Stemzine -

Hi Luci

i just wanted to mention to you that i was prescribed stemzine (stemitil) for nausea and one of the common side effects of this medication is sever agitation (not saying all people suffer this side effect) but i certainly did and i can assure you it is not pleasant, i felt like i wanted to rip my hair out! so maybe it would be wise to try it a few days before you leave to make sure you dont suffer any ill side effects.

I have the Kwells, doctor also prescribed Stemzine -

Hi Luci

i just wanted to mention to you that i was prescribed stemzine (stemitil) for nausea and one of the common side effects of this medication is sever agitation (not saying all people suffer this side effect) but i certainly did and i can assure you it is not pleasant, i felt like i wanted to rip my hair out! so maybe it would be wise to try it a few days before you leave to make sure you dont suffer any ill side effects.

:) Well guys I took Kwells before I boarded and one that night, next day I felt just a bit queasy in morning but absolutely great by afternoon so we partyed HARD that night. Next morning I was so sick - don't think alcohol helped:)

I took a Stemzil went and had a good meal of soup then fish and chips and fely better soon after. Was told I should eat if I felt queasy. No I had no side effects and I think I took about 3 or 4 of them.

Later the captain apologized for the rough seas:D So it wasn't just me. One person left at first stop from being so seasick!

Archived