Zipline In Costa Rica

CRUISINGATORS

We are going to Costa Rica in October and need some information on ziplining. We know that the ships are not sanctioning this and want to know from anyone who has had a WONDERFUL experience to recommend someone. Many Thanks.

Check out Charlie Soto's web site

My cousin took the zipline tour and absolutely loved it. She turned 50 on that cruise and decided to do everything she always wanted to do and said it was the most amazing thing she did, so far.

We did a land tour of Costa Rica. We did the original Titi Canopy Tour located about 15 minutes from Manuel Antonio Park on the Pacific side of Costa Rica. It was an incredible adventure and highly recommended. I have forgotten exactly how many lines we crossed but it was bunch and we were in or above the canopy. They give you thick leather gloves with a huge pad that serves as your brake. You pull down on the zipline and the friction slows you down. If it rains, which it often does in a rainforest ( :) ), the lines get a lot faster which adds to the excitement.

Remember, you only live once so live it up. -Matt

As another poster mentioned, check out Charlie Soto (also called okey dokey tours) We used him in April and he gave us a really good tour that lasted almost all day. It included ziplining (optional), crocodile sightings, among other things and we enjoyed every minute of it. DH didn't do the ziplining but I did and WHAT A RUSH!!

Have fun

I've done the Crazy Monkey tour at Almonds and Corals, and my only negative comment would be that it's quite a ways from the pier. I put a high value on getting out of the port city, but in this case, it cuts down a lot on the other things you are able to do in a really beautiful, interesting country. It's really fun, though -- if you have the chance, try it!

We ziplined here. Didn't you hear me scream? :) We did a private tour with 6 other people from our roll call. We hired "Oscar" to arrange everything and take us there. Another two people on our roll call couldn't fit in our tour so they just contacted Almonds and Coral directly and they picked them up and also gave them an additional tour. I'm sure if you look on the ports board you will see references to both. Before we ziplined we went to a banana plantation and to a home to hold monkeys and sloths. Ziplining is a once in a lifetime experience. I say that because I'd never do it again...but I'm saying that with a big smile on my face.

Archived