Hard Rock

bellemiche

Yup, Hard Rock is right in front of the downtown ferry pier, a taxi ride from cruise piers and smack bang in the centre near the plaza and shops.

It's claim to fame is that it's the smallest Hard Rock in the world!

They have an excellent live band playing Thur, Fri and Sat nights - although this may be too late in the day for cruise ship passengers. I think they sometimes have live music in the day too.

There's a recent article about Live Music in Cozumel on this Cozumel Mexico vacation news site too.

Happy rockin'..!

Ian

Does anyone know how far the Hard Rock Cafe is from the pier? I was wondering if we'd be able to walk there and if it's nearby anything else.

As stated, Hard Rock is quite convenient. But, I ask, WHY do you want to go there? You are in Mexico. Enjoy everything Mexican. You can go to a Hard Rock in the USA. Go to a little out-of-the-way taco cantina and eat what the locals eat. Drink a local beer! Try your best spanish, and get laughed at ('cause you know you will mess up the words). Coz is very safe to tour, although single women will likely be "hit" on by the local "Machismo" males (I don't care how ugly she is! :cool:).

• 3 weeks later...
But, I ask, WHY do you want to go there? You are in Mexico. Enjoy everything Mexican. You can go to a Hard Rock in the USA.

Because Cozumel Hard Rock Cafe will be #56 for me, it's not the food, it's the cafe itself, the pins, shots, shirts, etc.

HRCCrazy

Because Cozumel Hard Rock Cafe will be #56 for me, it's not the food, it's the cafe itself, the pins, shots, shirts, etc.

HRCCrazy

WOW, HRC!! I'm so jealous.. #56?! I love love love the city specific HRC shirts that show the various cultural things that are popular in that city (the Arch in STL, etc.). I'm so excited that we will be going to 3 new ones on this cruise.. I think that will bring our total up to 10 or so, but one day I aspire to be like you :)

Years ago I used to bartend at the HRC in Toronto (Skydome). We were amazed at how many people would plan their vacations around collecting HRC souvenirs from different locations! The tiny souvenir shop would regularly outsell the bar with 4 bartenders on a busy game day....amazing!

Years ago I used to bartend at the HRC in Toronto (Skydome). We were amazed at how many people would plan their vacations around collecting HRC souvenirs from different locations! The tiny souvenir shop would regularly outsell the bar with 4 bartenders on a busy game day....amazing!

PB TOM-

I know this is totally off subject....... I see you are originally from Canada, is it hard to be a hockey fan in Cozumel? It is my understanding that ALL Canadians are hockey fans!?! My son plays ice hockey so we spend alot of time in the ice rink. Looking forward to a nice change of scenery when we visit your beach on 9/13.

HRCCrazy

Wow that's amazing. DW and I went to Nashville a couple of weekends ago and went to the Hard Rock there. It was #11 for me. I collect the shotglasses and the last time I was in Cozumel they didn't have any. I'm going to try to go into town to see if I can get one this time.

And Paradise Beach Tom is right. Many people schedule their vacation around going to a Hard Rock. I may not be as fantical about Hard Rocks, but if I go to a city that has one I usually try to get by their to get a shot.

• 7 months later...
WOW, HRC!! I'm so jealous.. #56?! I love love love the city specific HRC shirts that show the various cultural things that are popular in that city (the Arch in STL, etc.). I'm so excited that we will be going to 3 new ones on this cruise.. I think that will bring our total up to 10 or so, but one day I aspire to be like you :)

Wow,56 HRC! We always try to go to HRC whereever we are. My husband particularly likes the T-shirts that are specific to that particular location. We even like the food, although we probably won't take the time to eat there while we're in port. We have the All-Access card which gives you a chance to earn points toward food or merchandise and gets you to the front of the line if there is a wait at the restaurants. We're looking forward to seeing the ones on the Western Caribbean Grand Princess cruise we're going on in Nov.

My wife and I always try to make it to the Hard Rock Cafe whenever we are in a city that one is located in. We collect the shotglasses and sometimes pick up a t-shirt if they have some really cool ones. So far the best shotglass we have picked up came from the HR in Cleveland. It is tall and skinny with flames going up the side. We are also all access members, though we have yet to use our card to go to the front of the line.

We are really excited about our upcoming cruise because we hope to visit five HRC's: Hollywood & Miami in Florida, Ocho Rios, Georgetown, and Cozumel. The only bummer is that we will be in Atlanta on a 3.5 hr layover and have no way of going to the Hard Rock.

Tim:cool:

Archived