Enchantment 5 niter... Which Night for Chops ?

mildew

:rolleyes:

Which night do you folks recommend for Chops reservations on

the five night cruise ?

:cool:

Mildew on 9/11 Departure

I've been waiting for a reply because I too would like to know. We are also departing 9/11 on Enchantment-can't wait!! Since we don't eat lobster, I had thought we would go on Lobster night, but not sure what night that is. DH doesn't think it is necessary to spend the extra $$ when the food in the dining room is good, but I've heard so many great things about Chops that I wanted to try it.

Lobster night is the 4th night if they are following the same schedule as they did in November. We went the first night, as that was our actual anniversary and we wanted a romantic dinner for 2. The other night I think would be good would be the last evening. I find that menu to be pretty weak. Hope this helps!

We went to Chops on the 3rd night which (Cozumel), since we anticipated (and didn't) get back to the ship in time for our early seating. The meal was excellent! Lobster night was the 4th night after Belize.

One of our family members was not thrilled when we made the Chops reservation. He couldn't understand why we would spend another $20 for a meal. The look on his face following our fabulous meal proved him wrong. Chops was excellent, well worth the money and the additional "tip". In fact, the pepper sauce was so good, he persuaded our waiter to obtain the sauce for the last night meat!

Enjoy your cruise! I'm ready for another one.

We got off the ship 8/10 and Shirley is right, lobster is night #4. I agree that the last night menu is weak but we really enjoy the last night with our table mates and the staff. If you don't mind missing the last night, that would be the night to go.

Should you go that night, please don't forget the gratuities (sp) for your servers.

Tim

We got off the ship 8/10 and Shirley is right, lobster is night #4. I agree that the last night menu is weak but we really enjoy the last night with our table mates and the staff. If you don't mind missing the last night, that would be the night to go.

Should you go that night, please don't forget the gratuities (sp) for your servers.

Tim

Good point about not forgetting the tips to the dining room. :)

One thing about eating in Chops the first night: DR food is a bit of a letdown after that. My dh would have loved to have eaten there every night of the cruise and considering our tablemates, I think we maybe should have done that. :(

Tim, how did you like the Enchantment? We enjoyed her so much, we went again this past April with the kids. My younger ones really loved the splash deck. And my teens liked there was so much to do on the Enchantment. :)

Shirley

We really enjoyed the ship. I feel it is the most beautiful ship I have ever been on. I really like walking in the common areas and seeing the ocean. With all the glass, this is easy, unlike the Voyager class where you have very little view of the ocean unless you are in a balcony cabin or on the top decks.

This cruise was just R & R. When we got off in Jamaica and the Caymans, we just went to beaches, nothing spectacular (sp) just took it easy. Would really enjoy doing a back to back with the five night that stops in Jamaica and the Caymans and then doing the four night that takes you to Key West and Cozumel.

The only thing I did not like about the ship was the food in the Windjammer. I usually enjoy breakfast and lunch there but the food there was a bit short on selection and quality. The dining room was good as was room service. Still did not bother the cruise however. LOL

Tim

HB, I totally understand the R&R aspect of a cruise. When we went in November, it was just the 2 of us and our stop in Cozumel was cancelled due to Wilma's damage so we had an extra day at sea. All we did was read and nap on the balcony that day. It was wonderful. And we were so ready for Belize and cave tubing the next day because we had that down day between KW and Belize.

Sorry to hear the Windjammer wasn't too appealing. I don't think we ate breakfast there once since we did breakfast on the balcony, but had lunch there a couple of times and liked that better than the dining room. We had a nasty waiter for lunch the one time we did go. :(

Archived