For those of you considering using Seamiles points!

Sue L

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful and professional the people at Seamiles are. If you are planning to use your points, you must book the cruise through them and I was a little nervous doing so. But with the encouragement of Wennfred ( thanks again) and the lure of a $500 discount on our RCCL cruise it was too tempting to pass up.

Well about 6 weeks ago I booked a cruise through them for Sept. The agent was extremely professional and very thorough insuring everything was spelled correctly and everything was just how we wanted it. He even got us an upgrade (free). Two days ago I recieved an email with a DHL tracking # notifying us that our docs were on the way and they would need to be signed for. The email went on to say that they do this so arrangements can be made in case you will not be at home to recieve them. This morning the DHL guy arrived with my docs. I am so excited.

So if any of you are planning to cash in your Seamiles have no fear. The experience was one of the easiest I have ever experienced.

Sue

I think it was 50,000 points, but it was worth it compared to what the free cruises were which were only like 3 days in an inside room ( we like balconies) was for 35000 points and that was for one person. And yes you can use them for most of the other cruiselines, not for free cruises, like on Carnival, but for discounts.

MRDOOD,

that is why I posted this as we did have such a POSITIVE experience.

Sue

I tried using mine for my cruise and they wouldn't let me use them unless I booked with them. That is something new. I had mine transferred off my old Capitol One Card and the catch is instead of being able to use them like the previous card, now you can't. I had all kinds of wines and things set up before and now I'm out of luck. So I didn't have a good experience with them. Plus trying to explain that to DH he didn't think that was fair of them. You can't fight City Hall. I had all ready booked with another agency. If you are a Sam's Club member you get an extra 5% off the total cruise price.

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful and professional the people at Seamiles are. If you are planning to use your points, you must book the cruise through them and I was a little nervous doing so. But with the encouragement of Wennfred ( thanks again) and the lure of a $500 discount on our RCCL cruise it was too tempting to pass up.

Well about 6 weeks ago I booked a cruise through them for Sept. The agent was extremely professional and very thorough insuring everything was spelled correctly and everything was just how we wanted it. He even got us an upgrade (free). Two days ago I recieved an email with a DHL tracking # notifying us that our docs were on the way and they would need to be signed for. The email went on to say that they do this so arrangements can be made in case you will not be at home to recieve them. This morning the DHL guy arrived with my docs. I am so excited.

So if any of you are planning to cash in your Seamiles have no fear. The experience was one of the easiest I have ever experienced.

Sue

I had to use the sea miles agent to get 4 miles/dollar spent special on new booked cruises.......there were multiple times I had to wait days to get in touch with my agent(wouldn't even return my e-mail)...resulting in losing cabins, difficulty reducing rates, adding cabins to my booking. Some of these situations I went thru and arranged with another agent, only to have the original agent send me an e-mail stating that SHE took care of the issue(s) days earlier.

I told my wife it wasn't worth it and next time I'll use a PVP.......

......And I was trying to purchase a cruise.....I can't wait to try to redeem miles on something........what kind of service(if you can call it that) will I get then?

I had to use the sea miles agent to get 4 miles/dollar spent special on new booked cruises.......there were multiple times I had to wait days to get in touch with my agent(wouldn't even return my e-mail)...resulting in losing cabins, difficulty reducing rates, adding cabins to my booking. Some of these situations I went thru and arranged with another agent, only to have the original agent send me an e-mail stating that SHE took care of the issue(s) days earlier.

I told my wife it wasn't worth it and next time I'll use a PVP.......

......And I was trying to purchase a cruise.....I can't wait to try to redeem miles on something........what kind of service(if you can call it that) will I get then?

My agent at Seamiles, got back to me within 10 mins of leaving him a message and took care of anything immediately and then followed up within a few minutes with an email detailing everything we had discussed. I must have gotten a really good agent which I am thankful for because we don't normally use any kind of TA and the times we have they were terrible.

Sue

My agent at Seamiles, got back to me within 10 mins of leaving him a message and took care of anything immediately and then followed up within a few minutes with an email detailing everything we had discussed. I must have gotten a really good agent which I am thankful for because we don't normally use any kind of TA and the times we have they were terrible.

Sue

I ended using a second agent to contact/bypass the original agent....the second one was much better......but It was a rough couple weeks setting things up..........glad you had a good agent. The sad part was the original agent claiming to make all the changes that I did with the second agent.

Right now 50,000 points gets you 500.00 off and 62,000 points gets you a free 7 day cruise, Im booking my free 7 day cruise with them again for March 16th 2008 on the Victory out of Miami. I used SeaMiles for this past March Valor cruise to lower the price to 295.00 pp and did not have a single problem with them. The SeaMiles people are total pros.

Fred

Question, Wennfred in your situation with the 62000 points and the free 7 day cruise was that 62000 per person? If so and I had to pay for the second person would it wipe out the freebie? Example if I could get a 7 day for $900 each through a CC cruise but I booked through Seamiles and got my free cruise would I have to pay $1500 for my companion? thanks in advance.

Question, Wennfred in your situation with the 62000 points and the free 7 day cruise was that 62000 per person? If so and I had to pay for the second person would it wipe out the freebie? Example if I could get a 7 day for $900 each through a CC cruise but I booked through Seamiles and got my free cruise would I have to pay $1500 for my companion? thanks in advance.

Thats for 2 people, but you do have to pay for the Port Charges and taxes. If you want to book a group cruise with Cruise Critic you would have to book with Cruise Critic and can not use your SeaMiles points.

On the SeaMiles website, there are 2 icons you click on, One says book a cruise with a discount, this is where you would use some of your points to lower the price. Then theres another Icon you click that says book your free cruise. It will let you inside if you have enough points. If you have 45,000 points then the 5 day cruises will show up for free.

Fred

Thanks Wennfred. I have about 30000 points now and I will use the card to pay my $1800 balance on my upcoming cruise. I'll probably be around 70000 this time next year. Nice to look forward to a FREE cruise.

Good information! I am going to wait until I have 50,000 points so I can get the free 7 day....I am about 35,000 right now. I can't wait!!

7 day cruise starts at 62,000 points. 45,000 points will get you the 5 day cruise. 50,000 points can get you 500.00 off.

Fred

7 day cruise starts at 62,000 points. 45,000 points will get you the 5 day cruise. 50,000 points can get you 500.00 off.

Fred

I just printed the deal off the seamiles website a few days ago, it shows:

7 Day Caribbean

Interior 50,000

Ocean 65,000

Just another tip, I don't know if all PVPs will do this...but my PVP told me if I ever used my points for a discount (he can't do it with a free cruise) to call him first and he would set everything up (making me feel better) and then transfer it to them.

I am also interested in what experiences people have had with using points for a free cruise for one person and paying for a second person. Has anyone does this and was the rate for the second person inflated?

• 1 month later...

Just confirming what has been written here. Planning to return to AK in 08 and this time we are taking our two children, 18 & 21, after they graduate from HS & college.

As of now we have 89000 points. When I look at the free cruises on the sea miles web site and see a cabin, for instance, at 85000, would that get a free cruise for two people in one cabin? Or is the 85000 per person? I've seen it stated both ways in this thread...that the points are per person AND that the points are for two people in one cabin. Obviously this makes a HUGE difference!

Also, if I am able to amass enough points by the time we book, would I be able to redeem 2 free cabins with two people per cabin (using above points as an example)? Just trying to determine if it's even possible for me to get all four of us on the cruise for free.

I agree, they were professional and they also got me the best deal around. They used some of my seamiles in combination with the military discount and we got a super deal!

I would book with them again in a heartbeat.

I currently have 50, 000 points and will be redeaming them on my next cruise for the $500 discount. After that, I will be using the MBNA cruise rewards card as it only takes 25,000 points for the same $500 cruise discount. Seamiles is not a good deal!

I currently have 50, 000 points and will be redeaming them on my next cruise for the $500 discount. After that, I will be using the MBNA cruise rewards card as it only takes 25,000 points for the same $500 cruise discount. Seamiles is not a good deal!

I have switched to the MBNA as well. We just used our last 50,000 points and SeaMiles would not give us the full $500.00, because we had already gotten a past cruisers discount from Carnival. They would only give us 375.00 for our 50,000. Yes, it all legal. It is in all their fine print.

Thank goodness I am done with them!!! Card is cancelled!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thats for 2 people, but you do have to pay for the Port Charges and taxes. If you want to book a group cruise with Cruise Critic you would have to book with Cruise Critic and can not use your SeaMiles points.

On the SeaMiles website, there are 2 icons you click on, One says book a cruise with a discount, this is where you would use some of your points to lower the price. Then theres another Icon you click that says book your free cruise. It will let you inside if you have enough points. If you have 45,000 points then the 5 day cruises will show up for free.

Fred

When I called Seamiles the other day to inquire, they said it WAS per person....now I am really confused. By the way, I have not been credited on my Seamiles account since the first part of September.

Archived