For those of you considering using Seamiles points!

Sue L

Each time we sail on Carnival (3rd cruise this coming February), they have been great with military discounts....they are significant savings.

Am considering getting the seamile credit card.......but does anyone know if the benefits can be combined with military ? I would probably be embarassed to ask my fantastic PVP the same question...that's how good he and Carnival have been with us.

Thanks in advance, people.:o :o

Ok, I just booked a cruise with my Sea Miles Points. So i only had 25k to use but i still got 250.00 off total. When I called I had the Carnival site up and made them give me Carnivals rate and the past guest upgrade plus the 250. off. So for 2 of us on a 5 day elation it will end up being 275pp plus tax and port. They were pretty professional and did the upgrade and discoun with no questions asked.

I guess I am pretty happy with the service but not so happy with the card. I think I will keep it to pay bills with and get the occasional discount with it. We like 5 day cruises better anyway.

• 1 month later...

Boy, I need help. I am trying to book a cruise with my 71,049 points and I am just getting the runaround. I wanted to use 70,000 for one person in a room on the Glory next year, but was told the room could not be split (one paid for with seamiles and the other with cash) so it would take 140,000 points.

Then they are trying to have the price reduced with 60,000 points and when I compare that with the military discount it is almost worthless.

My next step is to ask what cruise can I get for the 70K points (paid for in full for 2 people).

For 70K miles with Delta I could've gotten a ticket to Europe! (right now that is a $1500 value). As soon as I use my miles Carnival can have their card.

Having said that, if there is anyone who can direct me to a procedure or way to maximize my miles, I would be grateful.

Boy, I need help. I am trying to book a cruise with my 71,049 points and I am just getting the runaround. I wanted to use 70,000 for one person in a room on the Glory next year, but was told the room could not be split (one paid for with seamiles and the other with cash) so it would take 140,000 points.

Then they are trying to have the price reduced with 60,000 points and when I compare that with the military discount it is almost worthless.

My next step is to ask what cruise can I get for the 70K points (paid for in full for 2 people).

For 70K miles with Delta I could've gotten a ticket to Europe! (right now that is a $1500 value). As soon as I use my miles Carnival can have their card.

Having said that, if there is anyone who can direct me to a procedure or way to maximize my miles, I would be grateful.

I think there are some 4 day cruises you could take for 2 with the amount of points you have.....Probably nothing more though. I am pretty unimpressed so far, especially when I think of how much money I have spent with the dumb card. It is just better to buy the cruise!! Once I use my points I am done w/ the card as well.

I think there are some 4 day cruises you could take for 2 with the amount of points you have.....Probably nothing more though. I am pretty unimpressed so far, especially when I think of how much money I have spent with the dumb card. It is just better to buy the cruise!! Once I use my points I am done w/ the card as well.

Archived