Water Shoes

jandn

Bruce, you prefer water sandals over water shoes? Why?

The soles are tougher and they do dry out a little quicker. Plus I also wear them all of the time during the summer as casual wear. I"ve had my pair for 4 years now and they are going strong.

jandn water shoes protect the bottoms of your feet and still allow for maximum drainage and evaporation so they dry out quickly. DW and I bought ours at Land's End and we love em...even got a few comments on the ship. They look like low top tennies but the uppers are full of holes. IIRC they set us back about 30 - 40 bucks. Gotta be careful with Land's End in their selection though, about this time of year they may be hard to find online.

water shoes are great. I bought mine at lands end. They are mesh on top and the inner sole has small holes that let the water drain out. Very klight and comfortable. If you cannot find them in a store near you call or go to Lands End .com and see if they have some or if there is a store near you.

Also they should have a nice color selection. Today At my store they still had 3-4 colors.

We got our Surf & Sand shoes at Land's End also....They are so awesome...they drain when wet and they are like regular running shoes to be able to climb, hike, etc. They are only $29, and we've used them in Hawaii, fishing the rivers in Alaska, and floating the rivers in San Marcos, Texas. The best $29 we've ever spent!!

I wasn't able to get any & didn't need them. We were in the Caribbean and the sand was soft and I had flip flops for concrete. I bought canvas slip on "keds" at walmart for $3 just in case because I looked all over for true water shoes. They did sell them at most of the stores on port, and maybe even on the boat. I personally don't like the average water shoes - very uncomfortable to me. DH wore them one day & had swollen ankles until the next morning - maybe no support?? The next excursion I suggested he change into them just for the beach, and he didn't swell up. He wore them to the beach, snorkeling, scuba diving. I did the 1st two activities without them. I normally don't wear them, so I didn't on the trip.

Our Lands' End water shoes (sea-to-shore sport shoes) arrived yesterday. We both tried them on today and we think we are really going to like them. We found them in the Overstocks. Thanks to everyone who suggested this.:)

I have one pair of cayman crocs I've only had a couple of months. I may take them on the cruise, too. I'm wondering about the hydro crocs. They are more expensive, but they look like they'd be good for swimming without weighing you down. Crocs claims the crocs’ water shoe is buoyant and can even function like a flipper. How about this Crocs lovers, is this true?

Here is the link to the sea to shore shoes we have-I swear by them. I had my foot completely reconstructed after a softball injury (34yo) and they offer the best support and no blisters! This link is for women's but they sell men's also. Flip flops offer no support for arches, and after a long walk through town your feet hurt !! They dry super fast out of the water, and have holes in the soles for water drainage, and mesh outer.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1930_69159_137253_115660_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_58083&sid=2555140886827121900

Archived