Question Dive Operator used by Princess on Bonaire

JudyK

Don't use the boat in Bonaire--go right there off the pier to your right to Flamingo resort and shore dive. That is where we go all the time. It is cheaper and the diving is just as good. Plus to save a little more money--drag your equiptment to the resort until you are done then take a cab back with all the wet gear.

You do have to pay a state park fee which use to be 10.00. I still have it attached to my BC for a sovenier.:)

Thanks divadiverfl for the info. The only reason we are considering the cruise dive, is DH is a lone diver and we have not found a dive buddy for him. I only snorkel. I did find out that Princess uses Buddy Dive.

I agree re: not doing boat dives on Bonaire. They are known for their shore dives. Also, the spot by the Flamingo is bound to have other divers going out to the same spot as they have to show they know their skills before they'll give them the $10 marine park thing (at least they used to several years ago). I don't remember it being all the deep, either. If you have your own equipment it's really cheap for unlimited air for the day for shore dives.

Archived