Crown Princess - ? about buffet at dinner

NattysMom

We will be traveling next June with our 3 year old. I'm expecting to eat in the buffet for many meals because I don't want her to become a problem but my only question is - what do they serve? We've never traveled with her before so we're used to regular cruise dinners. Does it vary every night? Does it interfere with that Italian specialty restaurant they block off at night? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

On the Crown, the food varies every night and, unfortunately, they don't post a menu, although they give the general theme (seafood, German, Italian) in the Patter. There's always a salad bar, fresh fruit, and breads, but the other foods vary. There are also always burgers and pizza by the pool.

Another option is room service. The menu is pretty much limited to sandwiches but it might be a nice alternative one evening.

I ate dinner almost every night in the buffet on the Crown. I love fresh fruit and the selection was always wonderful.

Each night the 'theme' of the food varied, but there was always something to eat. There was chicken and beef every night. I don't remember a night when there wasn't some type of rice and some potato dish, and other vegetables.

The dessert area had at least 4 or 5 different ones, as well as cookies.

And there was always the pizza and hamburger areas.

Some nights the service could have been better to get water, but I usually got my own iced tea and avoided the waiters.

Enjoy.

We will be traveling next June with our 3 year old. I'm expecting to eat in the buffet for many meals because I don't want her to become a problem but my only question is - what do they serve? We've never traveled with her before so we're used to regular cruise dinners. Does it vary every night? Does it interfere with that Italian specialty restaurant they block off at night? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Why miss the ambience of the dinding room. Bring her to early fixed seating. Certainly a 3-year old is behaved enough to enjoy a table dinner with you and the family! We saw younger kids in the DR on our recent Crown trip. If you are just 3 ask for a table for 4. They do have high chairs, but I did not notice booster seats. In some ways the dining room may be easier than trying to negotiate the buffet scramble area carrying two trays.

Put the kids into "responsible" situations and let them learn how to behave. They will enjoy it.

We

Thanks everyone! We are starting to get her ready by trying casual places in order to work our way up to next June! It's good to know the buffet is available for us and does seem to have a nice variety. Thanks again.

Elizabeth

Archived