How does Carnival handle GTY rooms?

mbw1024

I'm not sure based on the information I have. But is it same as other lines where you book a category and can't get anything lower than that?
Carnival actually looks like a GTY could end you up anywhere at all on the ship.

Anyone know?

Yes, you can end up anywhere on the ship. You'll be assigned the category you book or a cabin above that category. FYI, you may not have your assigned cabin number until the day you sail. If that's the case, you'd get it from the porter when you drop off your luggage.

We were on the Carnival Destiny that left San Jaun on June 20, 2004 and paid for a stateroom with a window. When we got to the airport in San Jaun and were met by the Carnival people we found out we had been upgraded to a suite with a balcony. SWEET!!!!

We sail in 3 days on the Conquest with a Gty 8A and 4A (for the kids). I called yesterday and they said no cabin is assigned and that it wouldn't be until the day of sailing.

Traveled last year on the Holiday with a Gty 6a and got just that, no upgrade even though we were repeat customers.

After all I read, it seems like luck of the draw.

Archived