Bermuda Street Fairs?

shoreless

I've been looking at a Bermuda tourism site, and it shows three different street fairs --

St. George's Market Night Street Festival (every Tuesday night 7-10)

Destination Dockyard at the Naval Dockyard (every Tuesday night 7-10)

Harbour Nights on Front Street, Hamilton (every Wednesday night 7-10)

We will be crusing to Bermuda in 2007 on RCCL Empress. As luck would have it :rolleyes: , we stay overnight in Hamilton on Monday and Tuesday, and St. George on Wednesday.

Has anyone been to any of these fairs? If so, were they enjoyable, and is there easy transportation between the three areas?

Thanks.

My wife and myself were in Bermuda last August and ventured to Harbour Nights. We went with our tablemates and really enjoyed it. As were on The Zenith and docked in St George we took the bus without any problem between St. George and Hamilton. We leave today for Bermuda on the Zenith and intend to do the same thing.

Hi Shoreless, we did the Zenith last year and we felt we were in the wrong place each night. In Hamilton when there wasn't a fair and in St. G. when there was no fair. This year we are doing the Majesty and we'll be in St. G for the fair. The Hamilton fair is great and well worth the trip back there. If you buy a 3-day bus/ferry pass, you can use it to get to the fairs. Too bad there are 2 on the same night. Have fun------

Any idea when the last street festival is in St George?

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/events/harbour-market-nights.html#marketnights will give you some information on the various festivals and fairs. It looks like the last week in Sept. ends the St. Georges season.

We have the same problems as the OP - shoreless-since we are going on the Empress next June. I guess we may have to do an early Winjammer dinner one night and get on the bus to travel. Now the decision is, do we miss Tues. night dinner or Wed. night dinner? I think I may wait till we hear some responses from people who go a few weeks ahead of us ( if they will share, and I am sure we can get a better heads up on that detail!)

If you are going on the Zenith, please give us reviews of what ever you do this summer! Thanks.

We just returned home today from the Empress of the Seas! We went to the street fair in Hamilton. It was OK....nothing special. We didn't buy anything. It was interesting to walk around, though....but it didn't take us long. It was nice that the shops were all open late.

We just returned home today from the Empress of the Seas! We went to the street fair in Hamilton. It was OK....nothing special. We didn't buy anything. It was interesting to walk around, though....but it didn't take us long. It was nice that the shops were all open late.

I agree with you. OK but nothing special. I did it from a ship docked there that night so it was convienent. No way I would take a bus to Harbour night from St. George or the Dockyard.

And Shoreless: you will be there in time for the first festivals of the season next year! We will expect some comments!

I'm sure we'll go to at least one of them, if not more. I'll definitely post when I get back. In general I love street fairs, food festivals, and arts and craft shows. You get to walk around, look at neat stuff, and eat. My kind of thing. :)

It would be nice if the overnights coincided with formal nights on the Empress, since I'm definitely not a formal person, but I suppose they'll have the formal night when I'm trapped onboard, and the casual nights wihen I'm on shore.

This year, the formal nights on the Empress were on Sunday, and Thursday, which are both sea days. If you don't like to dress up, you can always have a casual dinner in the Windjammer...or possibly Portifinos...I am not sure if you have to be formal to have dinner at Portifinos!

You will love the Empress! We did!

Archived