Mothers & Daughters Cruise

linsue1231

***Official Poll to see if there is enough interest in this, will be a cruise critic group cruise, if enough people are interested****

Hi all,

My daughter (22) and I wanted to spend some quality/bonding time together so we decided to take a cruise....I mentioned this to a friend and she also wants to go and bring her daughter as a graduation gift. Another girlfriend found out and now she as well as her daughter wants to go.....So this made me think of maybe others would like to go on this type of cruise. I dont think it has to be just mothers and daughters, all women....sisters, best friends....grandmothers.

Maybe a better name would be a Womens cruise....

I am trying to see if anyone esle is interested in a Mother & Daughters/Womens Cruise. We can see if we can make it a group cruise.

If anyone is interested please let me know, by replying here. Maybe you can tell two friends about this and they can tell two friends......and next thing you know we have enough for a group cruise..:D

Linda

My daughter (23) and I are cruising together in October. This will be our fifth cruise together. When are you planning to go, which ship, itinerary, etc? We love cruising together. Might be interested in one next year, since we're already booked for this one. I'll look forward to your info. Thanks.

Maureen

My sister, my mother, my aunt, and my cousin have cruised together several times. It is a great way to bond, to be together, and to have fun. We love it because it is all about us, not the kids, or husbands, or laundry, or cooking.

We usually take a shorter cruise because it is hard for us to leave everyone on their own for very long, but we still have a blast.

Since we all live all over the country, it may be a hard one to organize - but I would definitely be interested in the details!

Macdays1 & Daisygirl

Thanks for your interest....I will post some info for possible cruises later today....I see you love bermuda (Macdays1)...it was were we are looking to go, but its not set in stone...also looking to leave from NY, as there is 3 different ports we could leave from. One is in Manhattan, one across the river in New Jersey and the other is a newly open port in Brooklyn.

Looking into 5-7 day cruise.

But as I said nothing is set in stone yet.

Linda

My mother and my 4 sisters and myself went on a cruise together last year. It was the first cruise for three of us. We had such a wonderful time. My is a young 70 yr. old. She can keep up with the best of them. We are talking about it again.

Hi Everyone,

Here is one possibility for a cruise....

Royal Caribbean

Sept. 23, 2007

5 Days

Sept 23 (Sun) Cape Liberty Cruise Port New Jersey...............5 PM

Sept 24 (Mon) At Sea............................................................

Sept 25 (Tue) Kings Wharf, Bermuda....................9:15am..........

Sept 26 (Wed) Kings Wharf, Bermuda...................................4PM

Sept 27 (Thur) At Sea............................................................

Sept 28 (Fri) Cape Liberty Cruise Port New Jersey......7AM.........

Will try and post another one later tonight. Thoughts on this please.

Linda

My mother (72) & I (47) are cruising together for the 3rd time on Sept 8th. A womens cruise sounds like a real good idea. We're from PA so a NY or NJ departure would be very convenient for us. I'll check back to see what you come up with.

I love this idea, but I can only go during breaks until graduation 6/08. Youngest DD and I are both in college and will graduate 6/08. At least I will, she might have another semester!!;)

I would love to take both girls on a mother daughter cruise, excellent idea! You read my thoughts because this is on my to do list, as well as taking all three kids and DH on a different cruise as well! Maybe someone will post this idea again.

Bonitha, Hope you decide to come....will post a few more choices, so do come back and check it out.

Love2vacation, Well sorry you cant make this one, if it comes about, but if it gets a good response I would love to make it some kind of annual thing. So stay tune and good luck in school.

Linda

Hi All,

Here is another opition.....

Norwegian Dawn

August 25th 2007

7 Days

Aug 25 (Sat) New York..........................................4PM

Aug 26 (Sun) At Sea

Aug 27 (Mon) Nassau........................1 PM....................

Aug 28 (Tue) Nassau.............................................2 AM

Aug 28 (Tue) Great Stirrup Cay...........7AM...............4 PM

Aug 29 (Wed) At Sea

Aug 30 (Thur) Kings Wharf, Bermuda.....8AM..............6 PM

Aug 31 (Fri) At Sea

Sept 1 (Sat) New York.....................10AM

Will post another one later.

Linda

Hi All,

Here is a third option,

Norwegian Pearl....New ship December 2006

October 14, 2007

5 Days

Oct 14 (Sun) Miami.................................................4PM

Oct 15 (Mon) At Sea

Oct 16 (Tue) Cozumel.................7 AM......................4PM

Oct 17 (Wed) Grand Cayman.........8 AM......................6PM

Oct 18 (Thur) At Sea

Oct 19 (Fri) Miami.................................................7AM

Will post another choice later....any feedback or suggestions from anyone.

Linda

Sounds fun, but we are also only available during school breaks as I teach school and DD is in college. If anyone is interested, we have some mother/daughters going on our group in June. Then perhaps we could join up with some others for your group if it would be in 2008.

Ihall,

Well then I guess we will just have to do another one for 2008 :D ...any reason to cruise is fine with me...I can hear myself now telling DH, Well I'm sorry but Ihall could not make the 2007 one we are going to have to do another one in 08...lol:p

Linda

ecslady,

Well this seems to be the general problem with getting this up and running, so lets see what I can find in that time frame...I was looking more or less to later on in the year of 2007 to give people time to plan or save up for it. I have posted a few choices, but will now post a few with spring break or summer in mind.

Lets see if that works out better.

Linda

Here is another choice...

Royal Carib. Explorer of the Seas

5 Day

August 26, 2007

Aug 26 - Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey...............5PM Boarding

Aug 27 - Fun Day at Sea

Aug 28 - King's Wharf, Bermuda.................................8AM Docked

Aug 29 - King's Wharf, Bermuda.................................5PM Departure

Aug 30 - Fun day at sea

Aug 31 - Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey...............7AM

Hi all,

I am leaning towards taking the 5 day cruise to bermuda. Now just have to figure out the date.

Last week in Aug or sept thru first week in oct. 2007. There are I think 3 dates..have to go back and look for them...lol.

I will get back to you guys on the dates....and If no one is really interested well maybe next year we can plan one for sure.

But I am going still...lol :D

Linda

I am tentatively planning a Spring Break 2008 cruise anyway with DH and a couple friends. ( Just waiting for all ITNs to appear before we book.) I probably won't do one with DD in the same year, but you never know.:D

It seems there are a lot of us that can only cruise during school breaks and it really makes it that much harder to plan. Since we are from the midwest, it is a flight to NY or Florida for us, so either way we wouln't be able to drive to port.

Good luck with your planning. Hopefully some day I can do the girls only cruise thing, when we are all settled into jobs again.

Hi Linda,

Bermuda is one of my favorite islands :D so I would be interested in that one. It's just a shame the cruise lines have changed from a 7 day to a 5 day Bermuda cruise. Let me know what dates you come up with & I will see if my mother is interested. If she's not, I may just go myself anyway :)

Bonnie

Bermuda is one of my favorite islands :D so I would be interested in that one. It's just a shame the cruise lines have changed from a 7 day to a 5 day Bermuda cruise. Let me know what dates you come up with & I will see if my mother is interested. If she's not, I may just go myself anyway :)

Celebrity Zenith still does 7 day Bermuda runs with port stops in St George & Hamilton. Much preferred over stopping in the West End.

Archived