Mothers & Daughters Cruise

linsue1231

Bonitah69, Now remember its not just a mother daughter cruise but a "Female Gender" type cruise...you know best girl friends, grandma's, aunt's, sisters or sister in laws, heck all female inlaws lol.... It looks as if not to many people can come at that time but we are still going. I think it will be Sept 23, 2007 RCCL leaving out of NJ. 5days. (ugh to short ) Let me know girl.....

With that said...I think this would be a good start to plan a bigger one for 2008. So what date lines are we looking for...summer break, and spring break...Spring break has to be after april 15th for me as, I work with Tax Accountants. In some states school ends in May and starts in August...some end in June and start in Sept. We need a better understanding of wheich dates would be better for most. So please give some dates here...I am sure we could really find something good planning it so early.

And keep this post going...:D we have a while to plan...lol

Linda

Women-only cruises are fun!

My 2003 Grand Princess cruise was with my 2 daughters. My June 2004 Diamond Princess cruise was with my 2 daughters, my 2 sisters-in-law, and a friend of my oldest daughter. My August 2005 NCL Wind cruise was with my youngest daughter, and 2 other friends of ours. My August 2006 NCL Sun cruise was with my youngest daughter and 2 of our friends and my September 2006 NCL Sun & HAL Veendam repositioning cruises will be with the same daughter. Now there are 7 women planning our March 2007 NCL Pearl cruise, including both daughters.

Once women friends find out how much fun it can be, we have new people joining "our group" each time.

A cruise is such an excellent way to have some personal bonding time with family and friends. I have so many great memories of the fun things we've seen and done!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Linda,

Just curious if you decided on a cruise yet? I just got back from the Explorer of the Seas last Sunday. I'm going through cruise withdrawl & thinking about next year.

Bonnie

The Explorer of the Seas was our first cruise, and that cruise hooked us on cruising! :D The food was good, especially the appetizers in the Champagne Bar late at night, and the service was excellent. Since then we have been on smaller ships and loved them as well. The Seranade is lovely.

I can't wait to decide on a cruise for March 08, still waiting for HAL to come up with their March 08 ITNS. We are thinkiing there might be fewer kids on either HAL or Celebrity during the second week in March, I could be wrong though. For us it is all about the ports, then the ship.

Hope your cruise withdrawl gets better........... it has taken me several months to get over mine, especilly since we aren't going on one in 07.:(

I just want to take a moment and encourage anyone who can do a family cruise (mother -daughter ~especially) to do so. Create those memories that will be cherished for generations. Time is so fleeting and the chance gets by you before you know it!

May all your cruises have warm skies, calm seas, cool drinks and an abundance of wonderful memories.

I agree! My daughter and I have done a cruise each year, for the last three years, together. She is now 21 and not yet married so I'm hoping we'll be able to do this for some time to come. . . :) I know she will eventually have her own life/family so I am cherishing these special times together.

A cruise offers each of us activities we like, both individually and together. The best kind of vacation.

We don't leave Dad out totally though, as all three of us take a cruise together as well.

Bonnie, & all

Yes we have decided to take the Sept 23rd, 2007 5day cruise bermuda on EOS leaving out of NJ. Doing it at that time there is a lot of conflict with others attending or working at a school.. which is the case in September...lol.

But since I could not get a group thing going I invited the DH. The prices are great...but of course its hurricane season....:eek:

So I will keep this post alive and try to figure out something for 2008...I really would love to do a Mother & Daughter/ female family friends, ( and sneak on the males of our lives):D .

I have a lot of Ideas for such a theme cruise...so until the next time....

Linda

Archived