Buses on Barbados

hondorner

I've seen it mentioned several times in various places that Barbados has a pretty good bus system that will take you to most places of interest for a very inexpensive fare (I've heard $.75 and $1.00, and about 2 Eastern Carib Dollars. Supposedly, one can buy tokens and hop on and off at various stops. This sounds really neat to me.

Is there some sort of route list or list of stops? Where does one buy the tokens? Do the buses run frequently, is is there a long wait at stops? Any tips for someone wanting to use the bus system?

I've seen it mentioned several times in various places that Barbados has a pretty good bus system that will take you to most places of interest for a very inexpensive fare (I've heard $.75 and $1.00, and about 2 Eastern Carib Dollars. Supposedly, one can buy tokens and hop on and off at various stops. This sounds really neat to me.

Is there some sort of route list or list of stops? Where does one buy the tokens? Do the buses run frequently, is is there a long wait at stops? Any tips for someone wanting to use the bus system?

The bus system is pretty good and you are correct they have buses to most places of interest. It is actually pretty convenient if you have some time on your hands and in no hurry to get to certain places since sometimes they are many stops. The buses run on the hour or 1/2 hour dependent on the route.

The fare is $1.50 BDS which is about $0.75 US. There is a bus depot not very far away from where the cruise ship docks, a couple of minutes walk tops. Its call the Princess Alice Bus Terminal. You can buy your tokens there, they will accept US $ BUT not coins. You should also be able to get a bus schedule there.

Enjoy your visit to the island.

Check out www.paradisepath.com/barbados_getting_around.htm and www.barabdos.org ~ Els

Superb! Thank you Elsje and Bajan Keith; that's exactly the information for which I was searching. With the schedules and the lists of attractions, I can put together a self-guided tour that will be different than any we have ever taken. This is great!

Superb! Thank you Elsje and Bajan Keith; that's exactly the information for which I was searching. With the schedules and the lists of attractions, I can put together a self-guided tour that will be different than any we have ever taken. This is great!

My husband and I vacationed in Barbados in July for 8 nights and used the busses all the time. The bus drivers are very friendly and very helpful. Enjoy Barbados ~ the most friendly people we have ever encountered ~ Els;)

Archived