RCCL vs. Disney Med. cruise

misseulalie

We will be cruising the Med. next summer and right now, we have rooms booked on both Disney and RCCL; Voyager of the Seas. We have two daughters who will be 4 and 6 at the time of sailing. We have only been on Disney (We don't count our 3 day Carnival cruise, it's something we try to forget...:o )

Which do you all think would be better? RCCL or Disney?

On RCCL we were able to book an Owner's suite for the same price as Disney's oceanview; so considerably a much better room, but Disney is 10 days, while RCCL is 7 days.

Thanks!

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

We have done both (Disney when the kids were your kid's ages x2 and RCCL from then on). What we enjoyed about Disney is that their kids programs continue onshore as well. They would have beach games and sand excavations with the characters (allowing mom and dad time to dive and snorkel). They took them to BBQs and loads of other stuff I can't even remember. RCCL kids program, well, they don't exactly run that way. There is a drop off time in the morning and you usually have to pick them up at noon and cannot drop them off again until 3 or 4 and have to pick them up for dinner (unless it's prearranged to dine with staff). It just seems that we were constantly trying to work around the kid's camp schedule on RCCL whereas no matter what time it was, Disney always had something spectacular going on with the kids (making flubber or having tea with Mary Poppins or dancing with the 7 dwarves). Now that our kids are 11 & 12 they don't even care to go to the kids club (they said they end up babysitting younger kids because not many their age show up for events). Just our experience, I'm sure you'll read alot more! Have a wonderful time on whichever cruise you decide!

Sorry, I just read that you are doing the MED not the Caribbean. Never did Disney in the Med,sorry. We did do Brilliance last may(to the Med) with the kids. This is when they decided not to hang out in the kid's club because there weren't many kids.

That would be a tough decision for me. But I think in the end, I would go on Voyager. I liked the Disney Magic, but for me, it wasn't worth the money. Now I do a suite on RCCL with a week at WDW before the cruise.

For me, there is just so much more to do on the Voyager class ships then on DCL.

I would post this on the RCCL board and hear from people who have done both ships.

Archived