Review - Pride of Hawaii 8/7/06

AllentownEric

You have made a very good point. Some reviews (both negative and positive) are much more useful to future cruisers than others because of the excellent detail they provide. I agree it is especially useless if someone just rants on about how everthing was terrible but provides no details. One person's idea of "terrible" or "bad" food is not necessarily another's. I like the negative reviews where people actually DETAIL what they did not like about the food - it was too spicey, not spicey enough, too bland, not enough variety, not hot enough, too hot - whatever they did not like. That is what REALLY gives me an idea about what to expect.

Thanks, I totally agree with you.:)

I, too, went on the Pride of Hawaii 8/7 sailing. Our room on the 9th deck was not ready until 4:00PM. While waiting for my room to be ready, I waited on a long line to make my reservations for the week. I was told by many people who called to do so, the line was always busy.

The buffet breakfast has little variety and the quality of the bacon and the fruit (besides the pineapple) was poor. The lunch and dinner buffets had no variety and nothing was labeled. When you went to ask the staff-what is this? they didn't have a clue. I've never been on a ship that the food served in the buffet dinner is not the same food served in the main dining room. Here, the lunch and dinner buffets are identical. If you don't eat hamburgers and franks- you are in big trouble!!!

The staff is friendly, but I've never been on a ship that the personnel tells you how many more days they have on their contract and how they can't wait to get off the ship.

The "specialty restaurants" had no specialty at all.

This was my first cruise on NCL and needless to say, my last!

I'm a Diamond Member (21 cruises) on Royal Carib and Elite Member (13 cruises) on Celebrity. Once you go on them, you will see the difference immediately. I, too, don't judge a cruise by the chocolates on my pillow or how fast my water is filled. I do appreciate good service and I don't expect to go on a cruise and leave a table hungry because of the food and the variety.

Archived