Handicapped cabins

2moose

does any one know if the hadicapped rooms have more square footage or are thet just laid out different( i.e. larger bathrooms and smaller living areas.) The reason i ask is i have been assigned a Q-7 which are all hadicapped and the last thing we need is a larger bathroom if that space is taken from the liv ing area with no additonal square footage . thanx for any advice on this matter!!

In June 2004 my wife and I were upgraded from PG 10050 to "wheelchair accessible" QG 9034. The bathroom in 9034 was huge: a large walk-in shower, no tub, a toilet surrounded by railings, and no hooks or racks above waist height. This space was created by eliminating the walk-in closet and dressing table. They gave us two wheeled clothes racks so that we were able to hang our stuff.

Fortunately for us we were there only one night because the lady in 9043 couldn't manage the steps to her bathroom and tub so the Chief Purser asked us to swap. We were delighted to oblige.

If you have a choice, don't take a "wheelchair accessible" unless you need it,

or you learn that the closet space has been much increased since 2004.

In June 2004 my wife and I were upgraded from PG 10050 to "wheelchair accessible" QG 9034. The bathroom in 9034 was huge: a large walk-in shower, no tub, a toilet surrounded by railings, and no hooks or racks above waist height. This space was created by eliminating the walk-in closet and dressing table. They gave us two wheeled clothes racks so that we were able to hang our stuff.

Fortunately for us we were there only one night because the lady in 9043 couldn't manage the steps to her bathroom and tub so the Chief Purser asked us to swap. We were delighted to oblige.

If you have a choice, don't take a "wheelchair accessible" unless you need it,

or you learn that the closet space has been much increased since 2004.

thanx for the info!! this is exactly what we dont want thanx for mthe info!!!

On the QM2, they are larger than standard cabins of the same class. Closets have pull-down racks so that hanging clothes can be accessed from a wheelchair. Bathroom is large enough to accommodate a wheelchair in the shower easily.

does that mean a q-7 has more square footage than a q-5m or a q-6 thanx for your advice in thiis matter!!!!

does that mean a q-7 has more square footage than a q-5m or a q-6 thanx for your advice in thiis matter!!!!

Doesn't look like it from the plans. We have stayed in a C1 wheelchair accessible cabin and, whereas it was slightly larger than standard, the extra space (and more) was used for wider entrance and bathroom circulation so 'usable' space was only the same or less than standard. If I had the choice again I would avoid 'wheelchair' cabins (we didn't even get the hoped for upgrade to a balcony!!!).

Hope this helps

Ken

Doesn't look like it from the plans. We have stayed in a C1 wheelchair accessible cabin and, whereas it was slightly larger than standard, the extra space (and more) was used for wider entrance and bathroom circulation so 'usable' space was only the same or less than standard. If I had the choice again I would avoid 'wheelchair' cabins (we didn't even get the hoped for upgrade to a balcony!!!).

Hope this helps

Ken

thanx ken!!!

Archived