Just back from the Vision of the Sea

ilove2vacation

I would like to say Thanks for everyone's info. It really helped. It was great.It was chilly and overcast only 2 sunny days.Juneau is nice Captain larry's tour was great. Skagway we did the yukon railroad that was good,we also took a small plane tour w/ paul from mountainflying.com that was amazing.We got great pictures.Hoonah we did a show about there way of living and dance that was just o.k . Victoria Bc was great beautiful and very costy.I wish we had more time there. we took a carriage tour it was worth it. We had a balconey in the back of the ship it was nice great views.We saw whales from the ship.The boat was nice,the employee's were all great.It was wonderful.It is a must do . Thanks again Sarah

We are also just back from this same cruise....on the last dinner I realized that we were sitting right next to "ilovetovacation!" On a side note, her husband has a great singing voice.

The cruise was just wonderful. We had never been on a cruise before so we did not know what to expect.....from the food to the service, it was simpy awesome. The crew on the ship were all so nice and I loved talking to them. They work so hard and are away from their families for months.

I thought the cruise dancing shows were just ok.....did not really care for them too much.......the comedy acts were always quite funny. We had a great time playing "vision quest" and reccomend either playing or watching this funny game. Karioke was also really good......

Our excursions were nice as well. Next time we cruise I will book our cruises independently though. We found lots of great tours in Skagway, but we were already booked with the ship to go on the train.

We were able to switch our luggage tags which enabled us to get off the ship earlier to make it the airport for an earlier flight back east. That was so helpful as we had to fly standby.

THe weather was Alaskan weather.....cruising on Wednesday was the best weather day....everyone was outside.

I keep looking for another cruise to take our kids on....thinking summer of '08......any suggestions.

ENjoy your cruise...I am sad that ours is already over!!

Sandi

Hi, sandy its sarah .I'm glad u had a good time.We did also.I booked 2 tours through royal and 4 on my own.I We cruise every year.I think next summer we want to go on the freedon of the sea out of miami.We r from Florida and we always like cruising from there.I had a great time.How old r your kids?We always bring our kids,so this time we went alone that was nice.My kids R 14 and 9. If u want to try an awesome ship voyager of the sea is the best I have ever been on in 7 cruises. if u get a chance e mail me some of your pictures spotter27@alltel.net If u want I will email u some of ours. We did the whale watching,yukon train,flight plane,hoonah dance and carriage tour. Nice meeting U Sarah

The cruise was just wonderful. We had never been on a cruise before so we did not know what to expect.....from the food to the service, it was simpy awesome. The crew on the ship were all so nice and I loved talking to them. They work so hard and are away from their families for months.

I thought the cruise dancing shows were just ok.....did not really care for them too much.......the comedy acts were always quite funny. We had a great time playing "vision quest" and reccomend either playing or watching this funny game. Karioke was also really good......

Our excursions were nice as well. Next time we cruise I will book our cruises independently though. We found lots of great tours in Skagway, but we were already booked with the ship to go on the train.

We were able to switch our luggage tags which enabled us to get off the ship earlier to make it the airport for an earlier flight back east. That was so helpful as we had to fly standby.

THe weather was Alaskan weather.....cruising on Wednesday was the best weather day....everyone was outside.

I keep looking for another cruise to take our kids on....thinking summer of '08......any suggestions.

ENjoy your cruise...I am sad that ours is already over!!

Sandi

I took my kids and went to Alaska. I loved it. If you saw a girl rolling around the decks with wheels on her shoes, that was my daughter. Did anyone go to the Gold Creek Salmon Bake? I bought 2 packs of the glaze mix and accidently left it on the security converor belt. I can't find the website to order it.

I had an inside room but I actually slept great. I really miss having my covers pulled back at night with a chocolate on my pillow.

Karyn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived