Pt. Canaveral

Beth

Hi Beth, my wife and I will be going to Grills at the Port for seafood dinner when we go down there for our cruise. I heard from others that it is good so we will give it a try.

We will be in Cocoa Beach in November with a group of 18. What kind of food do they serve?

What are the prices like?

Pasta, burgers, seafood, etc. If I remember right, the two of us had dinner for about $15 not including our adult beverages. I'll round up a receipt this weekend and get back with you for sure. I think the restaurants on the pier post their menus in the windows so you can see what they offer, prices, etc. before you go in. It was a casual atmosphere.

quote:

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area. I am flying into Orlando and would like to find one that would pick us up at the airport and maybe even shuttle us to the port. Thanks.

I do not know of any hotel in the Orlando or Cocoa area that will pick you up at the airport AND transport you to the port. That is a good 45 minute drive. There are plenty of Cocoa Beach hotels that will take you to the port. Marriott Courtyard, Hampton Inn and Radisson are the ones that I know of that offer transportation to the port.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area. I am flying into Orlando and would like to find one that would pick us up at the airport and maybe even shuttle us to the port. Thanks.

Well, I just sailed last this past week out of Port Caniveral (flew home yesterday). We stayed at the Cocoa Beach Days Inn OceanView, right on the pier. To get from the Airport to Cocoa Beach we took the Cocoa Beach shuttle ($25 a person), and Art's shuttle from the hotel to the Port ($3 a person). The hotel will set up your shuttle appointment. We liked it a great deal.

For eating, we ate at Durango's steak house, which is right by the hotel. Down the street quite a ways, is Gregory's Steak and Seafood where we also ate and it was absolutely incredible (the Lobsteraki, a cube of lobster sandwiched inside of waterchestnuts, wrapped in bacon, and grilled in a teryaki sauce... divine). Port to airport after the cruise, we just did the Mears transit that you can get on at the pier and through Carnival.

Furry

Pasta, burgers, seafood, etc. If I remember right, the two of us had dinner for about $15 not including our adult beverages. I'll round up a receipt this weekend and get back with you for sure. I think the restaurants on the pier post their menus in the windows so you can see what they offer, prices, etc. before you go in. It was a casual atmosphere.

Well, I couldn't find the receipt from Marlin's but I did find their menu online. I remember I had the seafood alfredo and that the servings were definately hearty (we had to get doggie bags to take back to the hotel).

Marlin's Menu

Here's a web site for the Cocoa Beach Pier Cocoa Beach Pier

Hello - my name is shirley and this is my first post on these boards - My husband Norm and I are both originally from Key West but live here in Cape Canaveral (I have been here 40 yrs so do know a little about it) - anyhow if I can help with any questions or someone may need help - just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com - now Grill's is very nice and you have a great view of the mouth of the Atlantic ocean - all the ships regardless of the size uses this to get in and out of the ocean - all the restaurants mentioned here are good. For a family restaurant, I like Zackery's which is right by the Radisson - for sushi etc, I like Thai Thai which is right accross from the Radisson - for steaks Durango can't be beat - for seafood there is Florida Seafood right on 520.

If I can help further, just let me know.

Always

Shirley

Archived