Conquest August 13-20th Review

Medic_4_2_Long

Great review! Thanks for all the info on Sunset Beach and Paradise Beach. Is Sunset worth the $40 if you don't drink alcohol?

We'll be on the Conquest on 10/8 and this will be our first Carnival cruise.

Personally I think it's worth it whether you drink or not. There's so much offered for $40. If you love the beach and beach activities (snorkeling, kayaking, sailboat, paddleboats, volleyball, waterpark, etc) then yes, I think it's well worth the price. Plus your meals are included. They have a snack bar and a restaurant. We paid more than that per person at Paradise (drinks, food, water activities) and there wasn't as many water activities. Don't get me wrong, Paradise Beach is great also, but you have to pay for all drinks regardless of alcohol content, and food. It won't take much at Paradise Beach to get your bill up over $80 ($40/person).

I believe Singledad (Hi Marshall) posted a link to Paradise on this thread, click on it and it has a link for the menu and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Both places are equally beautiful, however, Paradise Beach was more crowded.

Guess that wasn't much help as it's only my opinion. Click on the websites for both places that Singledad posted and that'll help you see if it's worth it for you. I know that all of us who went to Sunset Beach had a blast.

Have a great cruise. I'd say drink one for me but the liver hasn't quite recovered yet. :D

Deb

Not wanting to hijack your thread medic, but here is a picture my DH took of Sunset Beach waterpark. It was beautiful.

In the picture that you took above ( which is wonderful) for those wanting to snorkel, go way out past the rocks and there are beautiful wondrous coral formations and tons of colorful fish .. wear a lifejacket if you think you might get tired or have young ones. Don't forget lots and lots of sunscreen on your back and shoulders and drink lots of water. You might want to take a waterproof camera on this trip. They let you keep the equipment for a half hour but aren't real sticklers about it.

We went out beyond the tip of the rocks and it was so gorgeous.

vacation008wz5.jpg

Thanks Rob, what a nice thing to say. And yes, we'd bring poncho! We did the Feb 5th-12th 06 Conquest. We loved it. The water was a little rough, but it was a great cruise. Not as hot as this one.

Maybe I can talk DH into the Feb. 4th cruise, hmmmmm, let's see, our anniversary is Feb 10th, yeah, that works for me.

Have a great cruise. Just don't sit with your back to the aisles!

Deb

OK, so your anniversary is 2/10. Our's is 1/21......how about we both miss it by a couple of days and you sail with us on 2/11 instead????? Can you say "Valentine's Day in Montego Bay??" Hey. it even rhymes!! Or hey, you could always do a b2b? OK, I'm being selfish!! But sailing with you would be a blast! Let us know when you're headed out again, I'm there!!! Unless of course it really is 2/4 :(

:D :D :D

Not wanting to hijack your thread medic, but here is a picture my DH took of Sunset Beach waterpark. It was beautiful.

In the picture that you took above ( which is wonderful) for those wanting to snorkel, go way out past the rocks and there are beautiful wondrous coral formations and tons of colorful fish .. wear a lifejacket if you think you might get tired or have young ones. Don't forget lots and lots of sunscreen on your back and shoulders and drink lots of water. You might want to take a waterproof camera on this trip. They let you keep the equipment for a half hour but aren't real sticklers about it.

We went out beyond the tip of the rocks and it was so gorgeous.

That photo was taken and submitted by one of my roll call members, and yes it's a beautiful shot of the water. And no, I'm not in it.

Believe me, I know about the sunscreen and water (I already gave my mama sermon to TexasRed) because I learned the hard way as you can tell from reading my posts! :eek:

thanks for your picture of the waterpark. I'm sure it will help others decide on what they want to do. It really is a nice place. Wish I had found it in February when DH and I went.

You take care also.

Deb

Saturday

For those coming down a day earlier, I can recommend a few places to visit.

These are nice places to start a vacation if you have some time to spend before the cruise.

Houston

- Space Center- http://www.spacecenter.org

- Galleria- http://www.galleriahouston.com (shopping)

Galveston

- Moody Gardens- http://www.moodygardens.com

- The Strand- http://www.thestrand.com (shopping)

- Schlitterbahn- http://www.schlitterbahn.com/gal/default.asp

- Lone Star Flight Museum- http://www.lsfm.org/index.php?pgid=18

Kemah Boardwalk- http://www.kemahboardwalk.com

We drove down to Kemah from Houston to meet other CC’s families (Medic 4 2 long and Kjungirl) came down a day earlier. Kemah Boardwalk is a nice place to hangout, having a nice diner, and watching the boats going in and out of the harbor. There we ate at the Aquarium restaurant (see link for more restaurants and special events), watched a live band and a laser show.

P7090153.jpg

Boat in the harbor.

* If you are driving in through Houston to Galveston, please check the Houston traffic and construction report- http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

Sunday

Conquest.jpg

What A Beautiful Sight!!!

We drove down to Galveston early and got there around 10:30 AM. Drove to EZCruiseParking and was told that they would not shuttle until 11:30 (terminal/Carnival rule?). So we dropped our luggage at the terminal, parked at EZcruiseParking, and then walked a block south then a block east to the terminal. Got in the terminal and waited in line around 11:15 AM.

Around noon the terminal opened and started the boarding process. It was quick since we had completed the fun passes. Finally around 1:30 PM they let us board and that went smoothly.

We headed to our room and it was ready. Dropped off our carry on and headed to Lido deck for lunch. By the time we got back to our room our luggage were there. Unpacked and decorated the door.

DoorDecor.jpg

Muster drill was not called until 4:45 and the ship started to sail while we were doing the drill. It was hot but the drill was quick and mandatory.

We then hurried to our CC Sail Away get together on Sky Deck- the highest and most forward on the ship.

P8130042.jpg

Some of our CC’s at Sail Away –foo foo drinks and champagne in hands.

Since sailing late we had to get to diner and did not have much time for chit chat at Sail Away. We got 5:45 PM diner time at the Monet dining room. Did not want to hurry from excursion so we wanted to change to a 6:15 PM seating. It was full so the Maitre D’ Fernando Martins got us a table by ourselves so we could be late and not affecting others which was fine for us-family time and I had so much fun at diner with my kids.

The varieties of entrée selections were great in the dining room and they were excellently done. If any starter or entrée was not good, we asked and got a different one quickly. If my kids loved a starter or wanted more of an entree, another one was bought out quickly also.

P8190308.jpg

Our dining staffs were Aida and Jevon. They were great. I wanted lemons with my water and a cappuccino with desert on the first night and those were brought out the rest of the week without asking.

After diner, we went back to the room for more unpacking then headed for the “Welcome Aboard Show” with Todd Wittmer and PHAT KAT. They were HILARIOUS. My kids were still laughing all the way to the room. What a great way to start a cruise.

To be continue.

OK, so your anniversary is 2/10. Our's is 1/21......how about we both miss it by a couple of days and you sail with us on 2/11 instead????? Can you say "Valentine's Day in Montego Bay??" Hey. it even rhymes!! Or hey, you could always do a b2b? OK, I'm being selfish!! But sailing with you would be a blast! Let us know when you're headed out again, I'm there!!! Unless of course it really is 2/4 :(

:D :D

Wow, I've never had so many people wanting to sail with Lil Ole Me!!! I'm honored! Maybe we can get Rob, you and me on a cruise together. And of course Poncho, can't leave my new pet at home now since he/she was so much fun on this last cruise.

Actually the Lush(ious) Ladies and I have been talking about doing a Girl's Only Cruise. We were trying to come up with a date last night on MSN. Yes, we're still talking there everynight! That's whats so great about my roll call group. We've become family.

If you're interested in maybe joining up with us Lushes - oops Ladies, then I think that would be a blast. It would be in '07 of course. Altho I would love to do one every 3 months. But, we have a son in Oklahoma and he justs demands we come visit him! ;) So, that cuts into my cruising dream. :mad:

Seriously (wait, not sure I can be serious), I would love to cruise with you too. Thanks so much for thinking I'd be a blast. I've heard that alot from the Lushes, makes me wonder if I was the bad influence, nahhh, I know it was Tonni and Chris! Those ladies can parrrrrrtttttttyyyyyyy. Just teasing Ladies, still think you're the greatest.

Gotta go butter the DH up so I can plan another cruise with yall.

Deb

Deb, I'm on MSN every Mon, Wed, Fri from 9-4 and each night after 8PM ET. Nick is Vanessa W (L is my middle initial). Look me up!! I'd love to do the ladies thang!!!!! Oh wait, that didn't sound right.....lol :eek:

Now I know you'll fit right in!!

Here's my MSN (actually Hotmail) email address, add me to your list, then we can talk and talk and talk. I'm on every day/night that I'm not teaching, and even then I sign on when I get home. Guess you can say I'm addicted to CC and MSN. I need a life! :eek:

bosslady73@hotmail.com

well i guess people dont want everyone's thoughts.... i posted and it was taken off....

sounds like the Op is an uptight person

I can assure you I'm not an uptight person, and I had nothing to do with your post being removed. :eek:

Please post it again. I would love to hear your opinion since I'm the OP.

Again, I'm sorry your post was removed, but I had nothing to do with it, I haven't seen anything posted here by you.

Deb

my bad i was refering to another thread i hit the wrong button. sorry about that

Not a problem. I sorta thought that's what happened. I knew if you had read all of my review you'da seen I'm far from uptight. But hey, while you're here, read it and have yourself a good laugh at my stupidity and the incident on board at the Captain's Party. I know I'm still laughing about it.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what happened. I was kinda wondering how I came across as uptight.

Deb

That photo was taken and submitted by one of my roll call members, and yes it's a beautiful shot of the water. And no, I'm not in it.

Believe me, I know about the sunscreen and water (I already gave my mama sermon to TexasRed) because I learned the hard way as you can tell from reading my posts! :eek:

thanks for your picture of the waterpark. I'm sure it will help others decide on what they want to do. It really is a nice place. Wish I had found it in February when DH and I went.

You take care also.

Deb

Yes-You are in it DEB along with some of the Ladies Lush or Lush(ous) Ladies.

Yes-You are in it DEB along with some of the Ladies Lush or Lush(ous) Ladies.

HEY!!!! You promised not to show pictures of me!!!! I was traveling in cognito remember? Now I'll have to inform my parole officer that I was out of the country! :eek: ;)

Just kidding folks!

Deb

Is that her with the group of men and women sitting behind the kids who are playing in the sand? In the middle part of this picture?

Gotta narrow it down more than that Kristi!!! There are 4 women there. I'm not glowing bright red yet in this picture. I'm also in the Sail-Away picture that Singledad posted.

Happy hunting. :D

Deb

Gotta narrow it down more than that Kristi!!! There are 4 women there. I'm not glowing bright red yet in this picture. I'm also in the Sail-Away picture that Singledad posted.

Happy hunting. :D

Deb

hmmm...I would say then of the people there...of the two ladies sitting up you are the one sitting on the left? black (maybe?) swimsuit?

hmmm...I would say then of the people there...of the two ladies sitting up you are the one sitting on the left? black (maybe?) swimsuit?

Close, but I'm the one on the right. I'll give you credit for it tho. :D See, had I been glowing hot red it would have been a dead give-away.

Hope you're enjoying this thread. Told ya we were gonna have fun!

Just don't sit near an aisle when they're serving drinks!

Deb

Close, but I'm the one on the right. I'll give you credit for it tho. :D See, had I been glowing hot red it would have been a dead give-away.

Hope you're enjoying this thread. Told ya we were gonna have fun!

Just don't sit near an aisle when they're serving drinks!

Deb

and in the sail away party pic...you are in the very middle, white tshirt sunglasses, right?

Yes it looks fun! We are going to Sunset Beach and had not seen a picture from that angle before!

Ok, we will remember about where to sit! :)

Archived