Just returned from Mariner yesterday. Any questions?

Cpsjis

HI! i hope you had fun aboard the mariner! im going next month and i have a question. i was really excited that this ship isnt even 3 years old yet. i was just wondering if everything still smelled really new and if everything had that whole "newness" feel about it? just curious. also did you stay at a hotel before you cruised? we were going to try to stay somewhere where you could park your car and ride the hotel shuttle, but i think it may be just as cheap to get a room and then pay the money for leaving your car at the port...any suggestions? also-did you notice if the hotel shuttles had to wait in line with traffic or was there a special lane that they could access? just wondering if there was traffic at the port if we would be better off with a shuttle...thanks in advance!

Quick question about the dining room the first night. This isn't for the fashion police. What were most people wearing on the first night? Thanks.

Hi -- I'm not the OP but was on Mariner just 2 weeks ago. We had early seating and the first night (since it was only 1 hour after sailaway) there were many in neat-looking shorts, etc.. and did not raise any eyebrows. Casual was the rule.

Have fun.

Ken

Quick question about the dining room the first night. This isn't for the fashion police. What were most people wearing on the first night? Thanks.

The first night is rather casual. For guys - casual dockers and golf shirts. For girls - Just about anything except flip-flops and t-shirts.

i was just wondering if everything still smelled really new and if everything had that whole "newness" feel about it? just curious. also did you stay at a hotel before you cruised? we were going to try to stay somewhere where you could park your car and ride the hotel shuttle, but i think it may be just as cheap to get a room and then pay the money for leaving your car at the port...any suggestions? also-did you notice if the hotel shuttles had to wait in line with traffic or was there a special lane that they could access? just wondering if there was traffic at the port if we would be better off with a shuttle...thanks in advance!

The ship is in excellent condition. We took the same cruise two years ago and the ship looks the same to me.

[I]We stayed at the Radisson resort by the port the night before the cruise but we did not leave our car there, so I can't be of much help there. I did notice that the suttles do a great job of getting people to and from the ship with little waiting. It cost $84 to park at the port for the week, so you can see which option is best for your budget.[/i]

Thank you for being willing to answer questions....:)

There seem tobe differing responses about which nights were the formal nights and which night was lobster night...Since you are just back, I would love to know your experience.

Thank you again!

There seem tobe differing responses about which nights were the formal nights and which night was lobster night...Since you are just back, I would love to know your experience.

The second day of the cruise (Monday) is formal and so is the sixth day (Friday). Friday is also lobster night.

P.S. I like your ID because I have family in TN although I'm a USC Gamecock all the way. Have a good season!

Thanks for the info. I'm just curious because since we will be driving straight there from PA we will be in our travel cloths. If I need to pack something in the carry on I will.

Not that I care about the fashion police but I 'll be upset if I put my kids in dress cloths and all the other kids are in shorts! :cool:

So glad you had a great cruise!

Could you please tell me if there was a "semi-formal" dress for some evenings? I haven't been able to find the answer. The last few ships we've been on (not RCI) have only had formal and "smart casual," nothing in between as there used to be.

Archived