Will the beaches be packed??

second honeymoon

We are going on a cruise in Feb and are trying to decide what we should do, (we want to go to stingray city.)

I went on cruisecal today and found out that our ship is the 4th ship to arrive on the day we are in the Grand Cayman's.

Does this mean the beaches will be jam packed before we get there?

What about Stingray City?

What would you do in this case?

Where would you recommend going?

I'd probably book a stingray tour (we've used Captain Marvin's twice), and then I'd have them drop me at Sea Grape (which is right across the road from where they turn to get to their dock), or Royal Palms. Both offer food, restrooms, chair rental. Sea Grape also has Red Sail that operates out of the facility, so you could rent water toys.

We drove past Sea Grape many times when we were there, and there were always cabs lined up and waiting. I don't know about Royal Palms, but from what I have read, there are cabs there also. Royal Palms is also closer to the port area, so if you are pinched for time, it would be quicker to get back from there...although they aren't that far apart. We found that the traffic tended to get tied-up near Sea Grape (they were opening the Ritz the week we were there-and Sea Grape is just beyond this).

I personally don't think 4 ships is that many ships. The week we were there, there were nine ships in port on two different days. It was a zoo those days.

We are going on a cruise in Feb and are trying to decide what we should do, (we want to go to stingray city.)

I went on cruisecal today and found out that our ship is the 4th ship to arrive on the day we are in the Grand Cayman's.

Does this mean the beaches will be jam packed before we get there?

What about Stingray City?

What would you do in this case?

Where would you recommend going?

Jaime,

There is another board that you may find helpful - it's dedicated to the Cayman Islands and many posters live on the island. Since many of the posters live there, they may be able to give you a better feel for our port day there (beaches, tours, etc.). The web site is cayman activity guide dot com (no spaces).

I've found tons of great info at the Cayman Activity Guide...the only downside is that they promote their sponsors heavily, which you'd expect, and I completely understand. I think you get a broader idea of different companies that operate there on this board. But it is a great tool to use when planning your vacation to the Cayman Islands. They used to have a banner running across the top of CC...but I haven't seen it lately.

Have a great trip! :)

I've found tons of great info at the Cayman Activity Guide...the only downside is that they promote their sponsors heavily, which you'd expect, and I completely understand. I think you get a broader idea of different companies that operate there on this board. But it is a great tool to use when planning your vacation to the Cayman Islands. They used to have a banner running across the top of CC...but I haven't seen it lately.

Have a great trip! :)

Yes they do promote their sponsors! I've still found some of their suggestions good (or so they seem) and have gotten a few tips there that I haven't gotten on this board. This is still my FAVORITE board by far though!!! :D

Archived