QM2 Brittania Annexes

SKYPAP

Hi,

Last Christmas I sailed on QM2 and our table was in a strange little annex room at the rear of the lower floor of the Britannia (opposite end to the entrance). It was clear that this room could be screened off if need be, so I presumed it is only used when the ship is carrying alot of 3rd & 4th berth pax, and/or when 2nd sitting is heavily subscribed.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

The room was pleasant enough, but really felt lacking in atmosphere compared to the main body of the restaurant. I'm fortunate enough to be booked on the forthcoming Xmas cruise and it would be a shame to end up in this room again. Especially when there is such a buzz in the restaurant on New Year's Eve. Our table and the others around us tried to make some atmosphere but we had a table next to us of real party poopers who became angry with everyone else and they ended up stomping out halfway through dinner! We weren't being rowdy, just trying to have a little fun that's all...:o

Last Christmas I sailed on QM2 and our table was in a strange little annex room at the rear of the lower floor of the Britannia (opposite end to the entrance). The room was pleasant enough, but really felt lacking in atmosphere compared to the main body of the restaurant. I'm fortunate enough to be booked on the forthcoming Xmas cruise and it would be a shame to end up in this room again.

From the deck plans it looks as though these two annexes are destined to become the single seating 'Britannia Club' for the AA grade Britannia staterooms - but from April 2007 - so in theory you could end up in there again.......

Peter

Our table was near that area and I remember thinking I wouldn't like to be there. I would feel isolated.

Since I don't book AA cabins I guess I won't have to worry about that area if they reconfigure seating.

I'm on the ship next month so I'll just hope I don't end up there or ask for a switch if possible.

Hi Sky:

I just got off the QM2 after a 24 day round trip from New York. This is an opportunity to recommend to you that if you are unhappy with your dining arrangements the MDS are happy to work with you as best they can. I found MARCO to be especially helpful. if they don't know you are unhappy they can't do anything about it.

With respect to the new "CLUB" cabin class dining area in the DR, staff informed me that that they are unsure where the new area will be so at this point it is up in the air.

I dined in the fourth level and found that to be the best in my opinion.

Deck chair

Hi Sky:

I just got off the QM2 after a 24 day round trip from New York. This is an opportunity to recommend that if you are unhappy with your dining arrangements the MDS are happy to work with you as best they can. I found MARCO to be especially helpful. if they don't know you are unhappy they can't do anything about it.

With respect to the new "CLUB" cabin class dining area in the DR, staff informed me that that they are unsure where the new area will be so at this point it is up in the air.

I dined in the fourth level and found that to be the best in my opinion.

Deck chair

Hi,

Last Christmas I sailed on QM2 and our table was in a strange little annex room at the rear of the lower floor of the Britannia (opposite end to the entrance). It was clear that this room could be screened off if need be, so I presumed it is only used when the ship is carrying alot of 3rd & 4th berth pax, and/or when 2nd sitting is heavily subscribed.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

The room was pleasant enough, but really felt lacking in atmosphere compared to the main body of the restaurant. I'm fortunate enough to be booked on the forthcoming Xmas cruise and it would be a shame to end up in this room again. Especially when there is such a buzz in the restaurant on New Year's Eve. Our table and the others around us tried to make some atmosphere but we had a table next to us of real party poopers who became angry with everyone else and they ended up stomping out halfway through dinner! We weren't being rowdy, just trying to have a little fun that's all...:o

Hi Olly

I dont want to be in there either! it looked crap!

You'll be with good company this time!!

On my way home soon, what have you made for din dins

Me xx

So Marco is still aboard the QM2? I met him last year and he remembered meeting me on the Dawn Princess a few years ago. Was your 24-day trip two crossings and a Mediterranean cruise?

We were very happy that we didn't dine in those dark areas! We had four tablemates who switched because of that reason. We all sat at table #85, next to the captain's table and in front of the mural. It was Christmas time, and there was a decorated Christmas tree in front of the mural. We could watch everyone walk down the staircase and through the doors. Take a look at the Britannia pictures, and you can see where you would like to sit. One thing, you'll see that there are no tables for 2 or four in the area in front of the mural and nearby. I suggest you sign up for a table of six. When you embark, your table assignment on a detailed graph of the tables will be waiting for you in your room. And then go to the Brittania to see if you want to change your location, so that you can have your table changed as soon as you enter for dinner when the doors first open!

Hi Sky:

Deck chair

The QM2 deck plans in the 2007 deluxe American version Cunard brochure has the two annexes on either side of the Britannia's kitchen labeled as "Club Class."

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my 24 days aboard the QM2 and for the first leg I was seated in the annex. I stayed there because of the wonderful couple I was seated with but for the remaining 2 legs I was able to switch upstairs to the upper tier on deck 3 next to a window with an absolutely wonderful view for dinner-time sailings.

I did not like the annex, I felt closed in and felt that I was totally isolated from the dining room.

Archived